PDA

View Full Version : DFK 22BUC03 unable to fetch images in IC Capture

aakashthakkar
June 13, 2015, 09:49:58
Hello,
I recently purchased a DFK 22BUC03, I am unable to view images in IC Capture.
The error and driver shown in the images attached.

What could be the problem? I am using a M12 lens with an adapter.

Also using standard mini usb cable, is any special mini usb cable needed?

Thank You.

Stefan Geissler
June 15, 2015, 16:31:26
Hello

Unfortunately you did not let me know the computer model you use. Therefore a common guess from the Forum's FAQ:
http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_camerahandling#faq_ic_pismusb

aakashthakkar
June 20, 2015, 18:17:28
Hello

Unfortunately you did not let me know the computer model you use. Therefore a common guess from the Forum's FAQ:
http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_camerahandling#faq_ic_pismusb

Hey! I was able to solve it by plugging into another computer. But I am facing an issue with the focus. Probably due to wrong lens selection. Can you advice if the setup is correct?

The current configuration was suggested by Jason Covar, Sales Manager, Imaging Source.

Requirement:

Working distance of 30mm-60mm, and an angle of 40degrees would be suitable according to me, the application is high speed text and barcode capturing.

Suggested setup which I am using:
1) TLH CCS - The Imaging Source holder for board lenses - (M12x0.5), C/CS-Mount
(Which acts as the adapter)

2) TBL 2.1 - The Imaging Source board lens 12x0.5 mm
Format = 1/3"
Focal Length = 2.1 mm
Iris = 2
(Which is the lens)

Problem:
The camera is completely out of focus, can only see light sources that also completely out of focus. A white tube light is captured as a white oval and close range objects are not seen altogether.

Please suggest appropriate lens/multiple lens options that can be used?

Thank You.

Stefan Geissler
June 22, 2015, 09:51:53
Hi

Focussing is done by screwing the lens as far as you see a sharp image. Screwing in the lens as deep as possible wont bring a sharp image. If the lens is loose, you can use the little screw on the side of the TLH CCS or some Teflon tape around the lens thread.

The lensholder and lens should do the job, the minimum object distance is below 60mm.