PDA

View Full Version : Development a software with IC Imaging Control Active X in LabVIEW

hushhushhwn
June 10, 2015, 03:46:02
Hi, there

Recently, I am developing a software with IC Imaging Control Active X in LabVIEW for my vision system which need

text(displaying current time) overlay, showing clean live video(without freezing) of a certain target on a computer screen in real

time and saving the video stream as a compressed AVI file(to reduce its size) when i need. The camera i currently use is DFK

Z12GP031. The resolution and frame are at least 1204X768 and 60

I made my software to have a screen showing Live video and few buttons to control a device like typical vision system and all

functions of above is coded with IC Imaging Control Active X which is, for example, "LiveStart", "LiveCaptureStart".

The software seems to work well before i test capturing video stream as AVI file. when i have it started to save video stream,

the live video on the screen of the software often freezes. The same problem happened with IC Capture as well.

It seems It cant not show clean live video when it saves video streams.

Are there any solutions for the problem???

Any help would very appreciated.

Stefan Geissler
June 10, 2015, 16:55:27
The live video can "freezes" during AVI capture, because the AVI capture thread has a higher priority than the display thread. Thus I guess, you use slow codec, such as the MJPEG Compressor. This codec and also the DV Video Encoder are not suitable to your needs. I suggest to search for a faster codec. Good codecs are usually not for free.
Please understand, that I can not make codec recommendations in public.

hushhushhwn
June 11, 2015, 09:43:47
Thank you for replying it

The codec i used is Xvid MPEG-4 Codec. I guess my first option to take will be to find a good codecs as you recommended. I am going to search it on line but I am afraid that it might not be easy because I am not a vision related guy. So would you mind if I ask you to give a codec recommendation by email? I mean if you really can. I leave my email address which is "hwn@ansco.kr" just in case.

I have questions about the software development kit offered. I bought the camera from Korean re-sellers, VIEWRUN Co. Ltd, and I questioned about the problem to them. According to them, Capturing function in IC Imaging Control Active X offered cannot save entire images. So they suggest that I may want to buy software they made on their own.

I would like to know whether what they explained is true or not.

And can I develop my application satisfying the requirement that I explained before with IC Imaging Control Active X and LabVIEW? I also have LabVIEW vision development module.

This is so serious problem to me. Any help would very appreciated.

Stefan Geissler
June 12, 2015, 14:58:56
Hi

The XViD codec is not too slow, but I encountered some problems with it. At least, hanging, when video capture is ended.

I have questions about the software development kit offered. I bought the camera from Korean re-sellers, VIEWRUN Co. Ltd, and I questioned about the problem to them. According to them, Capturing function in IC Imaging Control Active X offered cannot save entire images. So they suggest that I may want to buy software they made on their own.

The AVI capture in IC Imaging Control ActiveX has no limitations. It saves entire images.

If you have the LabVIEW IMAQ library and a GigE Vision camera, I suggest to use the LabVIEW IMAQ. However, you will not have automatics for exposure and also no auto focus one push, because this is done in the DirectShow driver.