PDA

View Full Version : Barcode Reading

flukywotsit
May 12, 2015, 09:26:43
Hi

I am having some issues utilising the IC Imaging Control with the IC barcode reader.

The imaging control appears to work just great but I am forever getting the exception "Bitmap Region is already locked" when trying to find barcodes.

I have even tryed the IC Barcode example app and getting the same exception even with a perfect image of a single generated barcode with out the camera. such as

Please could you advice where i am going wrong?

Thanks

Ian

Stefan Geissler
May 12, 2015, 13:18:24
Hello

The barcode in the picture can not be read, if there is not a white frame around.

The version 1.0.0.250 of the IC Barcode Reader should solve the locked issue:

ftp://tis_ftp:Imaging199@ftp.theimagingsource.com/Imaging/123456/setup_icbarcode.exe

flukywotsit
May 12, 2015, 14:41:04
Hi Stefan

Thanks for your quick response, the item that you made available for me to download has an issue where both the installed IC Barcode and the .net build your self example are throwing an exception of no licence

Think there is a file missing? I have uninstalled and reinstalled, can you assist?

Many Thanks in advance

Ian

Stefan Geissler
May 12, 2015, 15:34:50
Hello Ian

which camera do you use? This error message occurs, if you do not use one of our cameras.

flukywotsit
May 12, 2015, 15:51:18
Currently not using a camera just using the load image option and loading the image above as well as others.

I was also trying to use one of your image to video converters as we develop software using endoscopes etc...

I am not sure if we have one of your cameras in the office at the moment as we don't tend to keep one in the office for development purposes.

The previous versions of Barcode did not have this issue just could not read any of our test images

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Ian

flukywotsit
May 12, 2015, 15:51:45
Currently not using a camera just using the load image option and loading the image above as well as others.

Have managed to get it working ish with one of your image to video converters we use to develop software for connecting to for purpose camera devices such as endoscopes etc... I take it the software no longer works just to test images without a camera being connected?

The software also did have some issue in being unable to read other example images that we have created such as:

Thanks

Ian

Stefan Geissler
June 23, 2015, 17:01:02
Hi

Images with color palettes are not good ideas. You better use RGB 24 images.