PDA

View Full Version : DFK AFU130-L53 exposure control

GregE
April 21, 2015, 20:16:01
Hi Stefan,

I am unable to modify the exposure at VideoFormat 2592x1944 or higher. It only adjusts if I set the format lower (1920 or less) , set it, do a startlive/stoplive, then switch to the higher format. I saw in one of your posts that you recommended turning Auto Gain off. I tried that as well.

If it is changed while at VideoFormat 2592 (or higher), a getValue after reports the value as what was wanted but the image from the camera doesn't change.

You can see this behavior within the DemoApp. Run camera at 4128 x 3096 format. Set Exposure to Manual and adjust to max exposure. Run Preview and there is no change. Switch to 640 x 480. Modify Exposure (even though it shows it has changed, it makes you change it before it actual modifies the value internally). Run Preview and you'll see the change. Then switch back to 4128 x3096 and run Preview.

It also doesn't recognize the switch from Auto <- -> Manual Exposure without running the change at a lower resolution.

Greg

Stefan Geissler
April 22, 2015, 10:58:06
The behaviour you describe is intended. The camera can be configured in the lower video formats, that have 30 fps only.