PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Labview

April12
March 31, 2015, 04:48:00
Currently, I am using DFK23U618 with labview2012. I want to grab all the images and save them to .avi format at speed 120 fps. But I only found some IMAQ avi functions in Labview which can not fit into my situation. (I tried to use them but it always show me some errors.)

I am wondering how should I do it or whether your extension package has other function that can be used.

Thanks very much!

Best,
April

Stefan Geissler
March 31, 2015, 11:47:06
Hi April,

please have a look on the AVI capture functions of IC Imaging Control:
http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/documentation/icimagingcontrol-activex/meth_descICImagingControl_AviStartCapture.htm

They are a good start.
You also need a good and fast Codec. The DV Video Encoder and the MJPEG Compressor are not suitable for your task.

April12
April 1, 2015, 06:58:54
Hi April,

please have a look on the AVI capture functions of IC Imaging Control:
http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/documentation/icimagingcontrol-activex/meth_descICImagingControl_AviStartCapture.htm

They are a good start.
You also need a good and fast Codec. The DV Video Encoder and the MJPEG Compressor are not suitable for your task.

Dear Stefan,

Thank you for your reply. I've downloaded Xvid and FastCodec codec. They can be used for recording .avi video in IC Capture 2.3.

I am wondering whether it can be completed in Labview, since I need to control a motor at the same time? If it possible, could you tell me what function I can use in Labview? I've already downloaded the IC labview extension package but do not know how to link them with existing Labview IMAQ functions.

Best,
April

April12
April 1, 2015, 10:45:17
In IC control Labview extension, what does SampleStartTime in IC_Grab_IMAQ function mean? Is it the interval time for grab images since last grab action?

Thanks!

Stefan Geissler
April 1, 2015, 11:18:58
The sample start time is set by the camera driver, when the USB controller notified the camera driver about a new image in memory. The time is the CPU time queried by QueryHighPerformanceCounter(). Therefore, it is not an interval. It is kind of arrival in computer time.

April12
April 2, 2015, 04:38:57
The sample start time is set by the camera driver, when the USB controller notified the camera driver about a new image in memory. The time is the CPU time queried by QueryHighPerformanceCounter(). Therefore, it is not an interval. It is kind of arrival in computer time.

Thank for your reply, Stefan.

I want to record the movie with camera associate with time stamp. In your point of view, is it possible to use this sample start time to write .avi movie in labview? I mean, for example, record the starting time and plus this sample start time at every iteration and etc. Is the sample start time an authentic time to be used?

Best,
April

Stefan Geissler
April 2, 2015, 09:11:59
Hi April

I am very sorry, but with IC Imaging Control ActiveX and LabVIEW this is not possible.

Is the sample start time an authentic time to be used?
More or less yes. The question is, what you need. If you need a real time like the clock ("11:34:3345 am"), then you must try to calculate the sample start time into this time. You may find code samples for this, but doing this in LabVIEW will be a really hard task.

If you used a standard programming language like C++, C# or even Visual Basic .NET, I suggested to use the IC Imaging Control Overlay Update event and write the current time into the image as text / graphics. This is shown in the "Creating an Overlay" samples.

Stefan Geissler
April 2, 2015, 09:11:59
Hi April

I am very sorry, but with IC Imaging Control ActiveX and LabVIEW this is not possible.

Is the sample start time an authentic time to be used?
More or less yes. The question is, what you need. If you need a real time like the clock ("11:34:3345 am"), then you must try to calculate the sample start time into this time. You may find code samples for this, but doing this in LabVIEW will be a really hard task.

If you used a standard programming language like C++, C# or even Visual Basic .NET, I suggested to use the IC Imaging Control Overlay Update event and write the current time into the image as text / graphics. This is shown in the "Creating an Overlay" samples.