PDA

View Full Version : Issues with Win7 64 bit

grralph
March 30, 2015, 03:20:26
I have been using TIS 3.1 on Windows 7 32bit without any issues.

On Win7 64 bit the device select shows n/a and no devices are found.

Trying to load the device via the device.xml file TIS reports "Passed data does not fit to the compressor".

If I run one of the sample programs like DemoApp.exe it does find the Camera and shows the live video, however, it will error when you stop and restart the live preview. Error message is An unexpected DShowLibException occurred: Error = Fail to start the graph. Due to : The device is not connected. In File: ".\FilterGraph.ccp" at line : 307

I have set the application to be 32 bit and this makes no difference. The device that I am using is a Belkin Hi-speed USB2 DVD Creator.

I assume that the issue is most likely caused by the Belkin device driver.

If anyone has had similar issues and have found the reason or the solution, then. I would very much like to know about this.

Stefan Geissler
March 30, 2015, 12:51:49
Is it possible, the AVI codec you want to use is not avaialble for Windows 7 64bit? It is something with your codec. It could also be a path for saving videos.

Try the sample demo application of IC Imaging control and check, whether your device works.

grralph
March 31, 2015, 03:05:23
Is it possible, the AVI codec you want to use is not avaialble for Windows 7 64bit? It is something with your codec. It could also be a path for saving videos.

Try the sample demo application of IC Imaging control and check, whether your device works.

Thanks Stefan for the rapid reply.

Running the VS2008 sample apps produces the same result.
The device drop down has n/a and is greyed out. Valid device is false.
Tried various things and not sure what to do next.

Stefan Geissler
March 31, 2015, 12:43:40
Hello Did you purchase a IC Imaging Control professional license? Please do not post the license key here.

grralph
March 31, 2015, 23:17:29
Hello Did you purchase a IC Imaging Control professional license? Please do not post the license key here.

Yes. I purchase the licence just after 3.1 was released.

I am going to try it with one of your DFG boxes that I have here somewhere.
I will let you know what happens.

Stefan Geissler
April 1, 2015, 12:05:37
Hi

Very well. I can help you updating to IC 3.3 or 3.4. For doing so, please create a contact at
http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/company/contact/

You can install IC Imaging Control 3.3 and try its Demo App, whether it behaves better. But I point to a problem with the driver of your device.

Regarding
"Passed data does not fit to the compressor" error:

Which codec do you want to use? Is it available for 64 bit? Do you do AVI capture at all?

grralph
April 6, 2015, 01:32:28
Hi Stefan

Happy Easter first of all.

I don't normally do any AVI Capture at all.

I just 'Live Preview', 'Memory Snap' and 'save to a File'.

I was convinced that the problem was with the device driver as well.

I tested with some other WDM devices and all these showed in the list and worked with some mixed results between x64 & x86.

My original device was still not showing in the list. So I unplugged it from the front USB socket and plugged it into a rear USB socket. Suddenly the device was showing in the dropdown list of devices. I tested it in x86, x64 and Any CPU configuration and it worked perfectly in each configuration. I plugged it into the front USB socket and it works perfectly there now as well.

I am a bit confused about what actually happened.

When the new port was used it would have had to 'Get Device Driver' and maybe having other devices available it installed it differently. I will try to replicate this on the x64 box where I originally noticed the issue.

Does ICImaging use a codec for live preview?

Thanks for your help Stefan.

If I notice anything interesting on the other box I will post it.

Regards.....

GRRalph

grralph
April 8, 2015, 01:52:47
The other 64bit box was a different story.
I tried everything, but I noticed that the C++ sample would see the devices whereas the VS samples would not.
This made me think that it was a licence problem as the C++ handles this differently.

Put the IC Pro Licence Key in an overwriting install and all is now working as expected.
Works under 32, 64 and Any CPU.

Thanks for your help.

It is really appreciated.