PDA

View Full Version : "device lost" with IC Capture under Windows 8.1 64bits

desard C
March 7, 2015, 23:10:43
Hello,

I just changed my pc for a new one under Windows 8.1 64bits. When I want to launch IC Capture, i see the DMK 21 AU4S as a choice , but when I click on "OK", I always have the message "device lost".

Do you have an idea to solve this problem ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regard.

Christophe

Stefan Geissler
March 9, 2015, 10:51:08
Hello

Usually I would point to a power issue. The camera starts to stream and then is not enough power. A test with an external powered USB 2.0 hub would prove this.

In case your camera is connected to an USB 3.0 controller, you should use half of maximum frame rate only. This does not cause a disconnect, but the camera wont deliver images at highest frame rate.

Try a different USB cable too.

Stefan Geissler
March 9, 2015, 10:51:08
Hello

Usually I would point to a power issue. The camera starts to stream and then is not enough power. A test with an external powered USB 2.0 hub would prove this.

In case your camera is connected to an USB 3.0 controller, you should use half of maximum frame rate only. This does not cause a disconnect, but the camera wont deliver images at highest frame rate.

Try a different USB cable too.

desard C
March 9, 2015, 19:54:00
Hello !

Thank you for this quick reply.

After numerous tries, sometimes, the camera stay connected, but if I change the frame rate from 60 fps to 15 fps for example, If I go back to 60 fps, the cam disconnect and after, ther's no way to reconnect :-(

I don't think it's a power issue, my previous computer (under XP) was smaller, with a shorter autonomy work perfectly with my DMK.

I'm going to try another USB cable, just to see.

Regards

Christophe

desard C
March 10, 2015, 20:31:03
Hello,

I've changed the USB cable and it seems to work !

Thank you for the suggestion.

Christophe