PDA

View Full Version : Different device names same model

singerinst_ben
March 2, 2015, 13:05:26
Hi there,

I'm having a bit of a strange problem with 3 DFK AFU130-L53 cameras. It isn't really a problem, but it is strange.

When I use the Sample Demo Application and open the Device Settings window to connect to the device I get different Device names. The first camera comes up as "DFK AFU130-L53". If I unplug this and plug in device 2 it comes up as "TIS UVC Device", and unplugging this and plugging up device 3 comes up as "DFK AFU130-L53". This is OK, but a bit strange. However on device 1 saturation has a range of -32 to 32. Device 2 and 3 have a range 0-64.

So to summarize:

Camera 1: Device Name: DFK AFU130-L53, Saturation range -32 to 32
Camera 2: Device Name: TIS UVC Device, Saturation range 0-64
Camera 3: Device Name: DFK AFU130-L53, Saturation range 0-64

Which is correct? I'm assuming that there must be 3 different firmwares on these devices in order for them to behave like this? If so, how can I standardize them so they are all the same?

Regards,

Ben

Michael Kirmse
March 3, 2015, 16:11:08
Hi Ben,

about camera 1:
The Saturation range differs from the other cameras because it was changed in a later firmware revision.
Please create a support case at http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/company/contact/ about this to receive a firmware update.

about camera 2:
This should be fixed by removing the camera from the device manager (right click on the device -> uninstall) and then disconnecting and reconnecting the camera.

about camera 3:
This camera is working fine and shows the expected behavior.

Michael Kirmse
March 3, 2015, 16:11:09
Hi Ben,

about camera 1:
The Saturation range differs from the other cameras because it was changed in a later firmware revision.
Please create a support case at http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/company/contact/ about this to receive a firmware update.

about camera 2:
This should be fixed by removing the camera from the device manager (right click on the device -> uninstall) and then disconnecting and reconnecting the camera.

about camera 3:
This camera is working fine and shows the expected behavior.

singerinst_ben
March 4, 2015, 17:10:15
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the response.

The first camera was on lone from a distributor so I won't worry about the firmware as long as in the future this is consistent.

The second camera is now also displaying the correct name, so that's great!

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Ben