PDA

View Full Version : Is there a path length limit for SAVEasJPEG function

Terry Sopkow
February 5, 2015, 21:21:05
Hi,

I have created an application in Labview that is saving a sequence of images to a subdirectory of a directory. However I have issues if the path length becomes long. I would like to know how many characters are allowed and what limitations there are for special characters. I currently follow windows naming limits but there appears to be a problem with this.

Thanks

Terry

Stefan Geissler
February 9, 2015, 12:36:46
Hello

The limit is 255 bytes, but this is operating system dependent.
The special chars also depend on the operating system. In DOS/Windows you should avoid ":" and "\" in the names, except they are needed as drive delimiter, e.g. "c:" and path delimiter.
Make sure, the directories you want to save files in, exist. The LabVIEW VI for creating a directory should throw an error message, if you try to create an invalid directory.
SaveAsJPeg does create directories. The directory where you want to save the file in, must already exist.

Stefan Geissler
February 9, 2015, 12:36:46
Hello

The limit is 255 bytes, but this is operating system dependent.
The special chars also depend on the operating system. In DOS/Windows you should avoid ":" and "\" in the names, except they are needed as drive delimiter, e.g. "c:" and path delimiter.
Make sure, the directories you want to save files in, exist. The LabVIEW VI for creating a directory should throw an error message, if you try to create an invalid directory.
SaveAsJPeg does create directories. The directory where you want to save the file in, must already exist.