PDA

View Full Version : Initiate auto focus on DFK AFU130-L53

singerinst_ben
January 15, 2015, 09:52:50
Hi all,

I am also trying to run auto focus - without much luck. I have the DFK AFU130-L53 camera, and am using the following code:

TIS.Imaging.VCDPropertyItem focusProperty = this.TISDeviceControl.VCDPropertyItems.FindItem(TI S.Imaging.VCDIDs.VCDID_Focus);
TIS.Imaging.VCDButtonProperty autoFocusButton = (TIS.Imaging.VCDButtonProperty)focusProperty.Eleme nts.FindInterface(TIS.Imaging.VCDIDs.VCDElement_On ePush + ":" + TIS.Imaging.VCDIDs.VCDInterface_Button);
autoFocusButton.Push();

This is similar code to this thread (http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/showthread.php?325243-Autofocus-OnePush) but I'm not 100% sure my property focusProperty is correct (although I'm not sure what else it could be). Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong?

Regards,

Ben

Stefan Geissler
January 15, 2015, 11:35:55
Hi Ben

The auto focus works only, if you use resolution up to 1900x1600 pixels. These resolution have 30 fps speed. the higher resolutions of this camera model run with 1 fps only, therefore the auto focus is not working, respective it is running too slow.

In case, you run with a 30 fps resolution: In the thread you point to is an answer showing a slightly different parameter set to access the one push auto focus. Please try this.

singerinst_ben
January 15, 2015, 16:59:11
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. In regards to the thread I pointed to, I can't see any difference except that the code uses

this.m_focus

But I don't know what that is referencing. I am indeed running at a high resolution - I will try adjusting that.

Regards,

Ben

singerinst_ben
January 15, 2015, 17:00:46
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your reply. In regards to the thread I pointed to, I can't see any difference except that the code uses

this.m_focus

But I don't know what that is referencing. I am indeed running at a high resolution - I will try adjusting that.

Regards,

Ben