PDA

View Full Version : Problem with setting new Gain values and grabbing a photo!

loukas07
November 13, 2014, 14:47:47
Hello there,

I am using the GigE camera DFK 23GP031 and the latest driver 2.1.0.1866 for Windows. I am developing an app with C# and I try to change the Gain value starting with the current one, and reaching zero in one step. After this, I am grabbing a picture using MemorySnapImage() with a delay of 500 ms. The problem is that the picture is sometimes black and sometimes not. I don't know why this is happening. When I do it manually, from the properties dialog, I am getting always the correct picture.

With the old driver I was getting black images in some other cases but now those have been fixed. Unfortunately the above problem still remains.

What am I supposed to do?

P.S. Btw, is there any effective way to transfer a live video streaming to a client pc that does not have any access to the camera?
Now I am using LiveStart() and ImageAvailable event in Server and I transfer every 'Timeframe' the current image to a client.
This seems to work but it's consuming very much CPU and memory. Any ideas???

Kind regards,
Loukas

Stefan Geissler
November 13, 2014, 15:57:59
Hi Loukas

If you set a gain or exposure value, the camera must expose and deliver one image, until this value is set. So simply call MemorySnapImage twice, and you are done.

I suppose, the camera is streaming all the time, that means "startlive" has been called at an earlier point of time once.