PDA

View Full Version : Need help with camera "DFK 21AU04.AS"

Cristian Stancu
October 14, 2014, 12:06:27
Hello,

I purchased in January a new USB color camera model "DFK 21AU04.AS" and it worked fine with my laptop until few days ago when my laptop did not recognize the device anymore. The software (IC Capture - provided on the CD with the product) also does not recognize the device.

My laptop has Windows 8.1 (x64) as operating system, and maybe this happened after the last update from Microsoft.

I wonder if the driver (provided on the same CD with the software) is an old version and I need to install a new version? I noticed that the latest version is 2.7.9.1152 - released on June 6, 2014.

It's worth mentioning that I just tested the camera on an old computer with Windows XP, and it works fine, so I just assume that there is a conflict between most recent version of Win 8.1 (x64) and the driver/software that I have installed.

Your advice will be appreciated.

Cristian Stancu
October 16, 2014, 12:00:39
Just to add few more details: I can see the camera under Device Manager (with an exclamation mark on the icon), the device status shows that "The drivers for this device are not installed" and the device events shows that driver was deleted on May 02nd, 2014.
I checked the Windows update and on May 02nd I received an automatic update for my operating system Windows 8.1.
I can attach some screenshots if needed.
I also tried to reinstall the driver but the installer cannot see the device so I am kind of stuck.

Stefan Geissler
October 16, 2014, 12:16:12
Hi

I suppose, your old driver is 32 bit only. Therefore, you need the version 2.7.9.1152. If the drvInstaller does not see the camera, you can install the driver manually by selecting the inf file in driver update in Device Manager. The inf file is somewhere in the "data" subdirectory of the downloaded file.

You may also update IC Capture. http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/details/iccapture/

Cristian Stancu
October 16, 2014, 12:52:10
Hi Stefan,

I cannot see the .inf file in driver update in Device Manager, I can browse only to the subfolder where file is located (...\Downloads\usbcam_2.7.9_tis\data\drivers\usbca m_x86).

I found the .inf file there only by browsing in explorer.

But I see that the Device Manager still has an active option to Uninstall the old driver. Should I try this first and then try to install new driver?

I updated the IC Capture software.
Thanks.

Stefan Geissler
October 16, 2014, 13:14:37
x86 is not really good for your windows 64 bit system. It is in data\drivers\usbcam_amd64\ . Filename is usbcam_generic_amd64.inf

Do not be alerted about "amd64". This is correct
You must use this from Windows Device Manager, update driver, search on your own and somewhere you will find a "have disc" button.

Cristian Stancu
October 16, 2014, 13:16:20
Hi Stefan,

It finally worked by using the other feature in Device Manager, by letting computer to find the driver compatible with the device, I chose Imaging Devices and the computer installed it.

After that I also did an installation with the installer (which was able to locate the camera) and it worked.
Thanks!

Stefan Geissler
October 16, 2014, 13:23:05
very fine!