PDA

View Full Version : oaCapture 0.0.9 beta for Linux and 64-bit OSX

James
September 23, 2014, 22:00:27
It's been something of a slog getting there, but the latest version is now available for download from http://www.openastroproject.org/downloads/.

As well as quite a number of bugfixes, this version includes a new release of the UVC library (only compiled in by default on OSX) for support of the TIS USB cameras on OSX, and has a temporary workaround for a problem with FireWire support that will allow the FireWire astro cameras to work as well. I have tested FireWire support on Linux and it seems to be fine, but I'm still having trouble with OSX. I believe that may be related either to my use of a Thunderbolt to FireWire converter or just down to OSX 10.9 trying to take over the camera, but I'm still trying to get to the bottom of that. It's entirely possible that other people will be more successful.

The Celestron cameras based on the original TIS CCD cameras should also work. I'm not sure about the CMOS models however.

Thank you to TIS for their help without which I'd not have been able to uncover the initial FireWire problem.

James