PDA

View Full Version : TIS cameras under Linux

dejav
September 5, 2014, 08:02:53
What is the level of functionality of TIS cameras under Linux? Are all the functions and properties available as are available in the Windows SDKs? I'm mainly interested in setting up the camera to accept a hardware trigger and to listen for frame ready callbacks. Is this possible under Linux?

dejav
September 22, 2014, 00:48:36
Can anyone comment on Linux availability of:
- enabling trigger mode for camera
- sending a software trigger to camera (when in triggered mode)
- registering a frame ready callback function

Stefan Geissler
September 24, 2014, 13:36:19
Please let me know, about which camera you speak.
Many functionality will be done by software, such as color space transformation, automatics and white balance. We provide Gstreamer pipeline modules for this.
How to registering a callback function depends on the software you use. In case your software will be based on gstreamer, you may look into the gstreamer documentation.

Stefan Geissler
September 24, 2014, 14:05:52
Something to the trigger:

If gstreamer does not offer the trigger properties, you may need to use v4l2-ctl in parallel:

Activate the trigger mode:

v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=trigger_mode=1

perform a Software Trigger:

v4l2-ctl --set-ctrl=software_trigger=1

List all available controls:

v4l2-ctl --list-ctrls -d /dev/video0

dejav
September 29, 2014, 04:31:23
Thanks very much for your reply.

The camera is a DFK 23G618. I currently use it with hardware and software triggers using the DLL in the C SDK.

I'll look into those options.

Wouldn't the callback module need to be specific to TIS cameras? Or gstreamer might be able to do this generically?

Stefan Geissler
September 29, 2014, 08:28:40
Wouldn't the callback module need to be specific to TIS cameras? Or gstreamer might be able to do this generically?

This is camera independent.

dejav
October 1, 2014, 07:52:06
Good to know, thanks Stefan.