PDA

View Full Version : ICImagingControl doesn't detect my DFK AFU130-L53 USB Camera

czetsuya
August 24, 2014, 11:50:09
Hi,

We're currently developing a WPF stand alone application with Imaging Source USB Camera integration. And we're having the following issues:

1.) The above mentioned camera is not detected by the IC Imaging Control embedded on a windows form application, but it can detect the built-in cam of my laptop. Note that IC Capture v2.3 also failed to detect the DFK AFU130-L53 device but the IC Imaging Control 3.3 VCD Property Inspector detects it. Why is that? Is there something in the VCD Property inspector?

2.) Our application is using WPF framework from Telerik, we found out that we can't add the IC Control in the toolbox and therefore cannot drag it on the form. Is there a way around it? We really need it to be on a WPF application :-(

I'm testing on USB 3 and installed the following:
-ic3.3setup.exe
-setup_iccapture.en_US.exe
-usbcam_tis_2.7.9.1152.zip

Did I missed something?

Thanks,
czetsuya

Stefan Geissler
September 22, 2014, 15:05:00
1.) The above mentioned camera is not detected by the IC Imaging Control embedded on a windows form application, but it can detect the built-in cam of my laptop. Note that IC Capture v2.3 also failed to detect the DFK AFU130-L53 device but the IC Imaging Control 3.3 VCD Property Inspector detects it. Why is that? Is there something in the VCD Property inspector?

The camera works on USB 3.0 controllers only. Is it possible, your embedded system has USB 2.0 only?

2.) Our application is using WPF framework from Telerik, we found out that we can't add the IC Control in the toolbox and therefore cannot drag it on the form. Is there a way around it? We really need it to be on a WPF application

C Imaging Control is a Windows Forms controls. You can add the "WindowsFormsHost" (or similar) on your WPF project and then place IC Imaging Control on it.

tazammal
September 25, 2014, 09:51:10
Hi,

We're currently developing a WPF stand alone application with Imaging Source USB Camera integration. And we're having the following issues:

Stefan Geissler
September 25, 2014, 11:25:57
I guess, the driver is installed. If not, the driver can be downloaded from:
http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/details/icwdmuvccamtis/

Regarding VCDPropertyInspector: The compiled version uses the (no longer available) IC Professional license. IC Capture and IC Imaging Control not. Therefore, I guess, you did not install the camera driver.