PDA

View Full Version : Dbk21au04.as images not very sharp

d.burrows
August 13, 2014, 05:01:37
Hello

I have been tasked by my school to get our telescope etc working. The camera we have is the dbk21au04.as and is being used with a celestron cpc800. I can get a beautifully clear image in the telescope viewfinder but when attaching the camera and the using IC the image that appears is not very good at all. There were no manuals provided for the camera with all the equipment I was given and I had to download the drivers and other software so I'm not sure if I'm missing some vital step in the setup or not. Also, as an aside, is it not possible to attach the camera to a lens/ eyepiece on the telescope? I can see no way of doing this and have attached it to the diagonal.

Kind regards

David

Stefan Geissler
August 13, 2014, 08:03:11
Hello David,

The camera comes with a nosepiece, that is used where you ocular usually is. If you have the impression, that the camera should be moved out or in that possible to get a sharp image, then please contact your telescope dealer. This sounds for a mechanical problem.

If the image looks milky, washed out, then there may is a problem with the quality of lenses used in your telescope. If the lenses are not very even, so you have many micro scratches, the light will be dispersed on them and this will be seen by the small pixels of the camera sensor. This is an optical problem too.

An image would have been helpful.

Also you may look into astronomy photograph forums, maybe you can find similar cases, e.g.
http://www.astronomyforum.net/astronomy-beginners-forum/175035-celestron-cpc-800-blurry-images.html
http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/186805-advice-needed-for-my-telescope-please/

Last point: You may use too long exposure times, so you may have a halo around your stars. But this is guessing only.

I must point out, I am not an astronomer.

A special lens is not needed to attach the camera to the telescope, because using the camera there is no optic needed to compensate the optics of you eye.

merlin66
September 12, 2014, 06:29:21
David,
If you haven't managed to resolve your problem, drop me an email - I can help.
kenm(dot)Harrison(at)gmail(dot)com