PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Matlab 2014a and TISIMAQ (DMK23U445)

Philip_D
July 24, 2014, 14:47:29
Hi,

The camera is working perfectly fine in matlab using 'winvideo'. I can change the properties and acquire frames. Now I tried 'tisimaq'. Here I also can get all the properties and an image, but changing the properties in matlab has no effect on the acquired frames. Is 'tisimaq' compatible with Matlab 2014, if so I am confused why it doesn't work similar to 'winvideo' ...

Best regards, Philip

Stefan Geissler
July 24, 2014, 15:49:01
Hello Philip,

The plugin has been built for Matlab r2013b. I never tested it with Matlab 2014.

Philip_D
July 25, 2014, 11:58:50
Thank you for your answer, so it is likely that something has changed in matlab. I thougt about using a c/c++ plugin to solve the problem. Do you think this is possible or a waste of time?

Stefan Geissler
July 25, 2014, 13:05:00
Thank you for your answer, so it is likely that something has changed in matlab. I thougt about using a c/c++ plugin to solve the problem. Do you think this is possible or a waste of time?

Depends on what you want to to. The Matlab Plugin itself is a little bit complicated.

What do you want to achieve?

Philip_D
July 25, 2014, 16:49:05
Ok, if the Matlab plugin itself is already complicated I will stay with 'winvideo' or write the whole program in C++ again. My aim is to set exposure time more acurate and to have it in [s] also the gain would be nice in [dB] instead of a pure number. The project is to acquire frames in realtime from the camera and choose ROI's where one can calculate the mean intensity or subtract the background noise and to save all this, which is working fine so far in matlab.