PDA

View Full Version : Double frames. Blank frames

sniperpride
June 16, 2014, 03:53:26
I recently upgraded to a better laptop. After installing the sofware multiple times direct from the website, I get double captured frames with every other frame blank. Ive made sure i am using Y800 for everything and I have uninstalled the driver and IC capture about 20 times with no success. My camera is a dmk31 mono usb.
Thanks

Stefan Geissler
June 16, 2014, 08:47:36
I had a similar case in the forum. I am not able to reproduce this on my computers, therefore, I do not know, what the reason is for this.

Which computer model do you use?
Which Windows version do you use?
Which video format and frame rate do you use?
Is the camera connected to USB 2.0 or 3.0?

Also: installing software 20 times will not solve an error caused by other parts of installed software on your computer. IC Capture has been used 1000s times without any problems. Therefore, there must be a different issue.

E.g. check for installed webcam software and uninstall it. Maybe it caused the trouble. But this would be first time, I heard about this.

sniperpride
June 16, 2014, 11:18:09
Hi Stefan. I am using a Lenovo Ideapad yoga 11s with windows 8.1
I have all my settings to y800 and the framerate set to 30fps
I have the usb hooked up to the 2.0 usb.
When I use my old laptop with windows 7 it works fine.
I think i even tried to run the windows 7 combatability mode with no success.
I believe I also uninstalled the driver for the camera and reinstalled it.
What software do I need to download for the camera to run successfully.
IC capture and the driver for the camera? Or should I be downloading more?

Stefan Geissler
June 16, 2014, 17:03:18
Hello

I would like you to connect the camera directly to the USB 2.0 port and test with 30 fps and with 15 fps. Please do the same with the USB 3.0 controller. On the USB 3.0 controller 15 fps are possible as maximum speed.

I expect, running 15 fps will not create empty images.

I have a very, very faint suspect, it is something with the USB controller. I suppose, your old Windows computer has no USB 3.0 controller, or two really different controllers for USB 2.0 and 3.0.

However, I am guessing around.

Stefan Geissler
June 16, 2014, 17:34:06
Stop testing for me. A colleague of mine did some testing and was able to see the same.

Reason is unknown. They are investigating now.

sniperpride
June 16, 2014, 17:39:53
They were able to replicate the issue? That is good. Thanks for the help, hopefully they find he issue without much trouble. The camera has performed wonderfully otherwise.

sniperpride
June 19, 2014, 00:22:40
Is it a windows 8.1 compatibility problem? Would it work in windows 7 compatability mode?

Stefan Geissler
June 19, 2014, 08:56:43
If we knew the reason for this, we could tell. Means, sorry, we are lost here at this point of time. Maybe we have to ask the MS support.

dejav
September 24, 2014, 07:43:15
I had a similar problem with a GigE camera when driving it myself (not with IC Capture). The solution was to wait for the frame ready callback event before grabbing the frame. That may help your case.