PDA

View Full Version : Can't install DMK 41AU02.AS on Win7 Ultimate with USB3 ports

Rick_K
May 30, 2014, 03:00:43
I cannot seem to install the camera. I have plugged it in to each of the 4 available ports. It attempts to install and fails about 3 times on each port ending up as an unknown device. I have attempted to but cannot manually install any of the downloaded device drivers to this "Unknown Device" either. It does install on an older laptop running Win7 Pro with USB2 without issues. Love to know what to try . . .

Stefan Geissler
May 30, 2014, 16:40:13
If the DMK 41 shows as "unknown device", then there is not enough power on the USB bus. The camera needs the full 500mA at 5V provided by USB controllers. If there is less mA, then the camera shuts down.

You can use an externally powered USB 2.0 hub to power the camera.

Just an addition: Connected to USB 3.0 the DMK41 will not run with full frame rate anymore.

Rick_K
May 30, 2014, 20:09:46
Thank you Stefan,

I quickly added in a powered USB3.0 hub I had lying about gathering dust.

I deleted the old "Unknown Device" which Windows had installed and which was"Working normally" - whatever that means for an unknown device. How useless.

Once it was gone I unplugged the camera, waited about 10 seconds to be sure that it was definitely "removed" from the list and then I plugged it back in.

I managed to get a "Video Device" and tried to install the latest drivers but they would not go - windows figured it had the latest drivers already. I uninstalled it again, switched USB ports and it came up as the proper DMK! Hooray! I installed the latest drivers, loaded IC Capture and it linked up immediately. It is working at full throttle 15fps. Thank you once again!

Stefan Geissler
June 4, 2014, 09:53:32
I deleted the old "Unknown Device" which Windows had installed and which was"Working normally" - whatever that means for an unknown device. How useless.
Agreed.

Good to read, the camera is working now.

yltansg
June 8, 2014, 12:33:01
If the DMK 41 shows as "unknown device", then there is not enough power on the USB bus. The camera needs the full 500mA at 5V provided by USB controllers. If there is less mA, then the camera shuts down.

You can use an externally powered USB 2.0 hub to power the camera.

Just an addition: Connected to USB 3.0 the DMK41 will not run with full frame rate anymore.

Hi,

My DMK 41AU02.AS camera is working fine on my old WinXP notebook. Just bought a new Win 7 notebook and tried to install IC WDM UVCCAM TIS driver. The driver installation wizard was not able to find the camera and the notebook kept showing USB device not recognised. You have mentioned earlier about using an externally powered USB Hub to power the camera. How is this done? For me I plug the camera into the notebook USB port so that i can use the IC capture. How do I power the camera with an externally powered USB HUB? Do I attach an USB hub that is externally powered and then connect the camera to the external HUB?

Thanks.

Alfred

Stefan Geissler
June 10, 2014, 15:16:40
Alfred,

please check, whether the the camera is listed in Windows Device manager at all.

Also please check, which USB 3.0 controller your laptop uses. In cases it is an Renesas or ASMEDIA, you must update their drivers.