PDA

View Full Version : IC Capture software are getting gray images

carlosb
May 12, 2014, 10:02:34
Hello,

I am working with a DBK 72BUC02 camera, i has installed drivers, software and sdk.... from this link:

http://www.theimagingsource.com/es_ES/products/cameras/usb-ccd-color/dfk72buc02/

but we can't take color images, the example codes and the IC Capture tool is getting gray images. We tried to reset all the image properties but i didn't work. Furthemore, it seems it has all the color properties disable (for example, debayering, color bar, etc...) in the IC capture tool.

When we checked the histogram, we got this:

It seems that the camera's three channels (RGB) are overlapped....

I would appreciate if you help me to understand what it is happening in the camera....

Regards,

Carlos

Stefan Geissler
May 12, 2014, 10:22:25
Carlos

can you please send two images, created with
1) RGB 24 video format
2) Y800 video format

Thank you.

carlosb
May 12, 2014, 11:34:03
I attach the images (RGB and Y800)

Carlos

can you please send two images, created with
1) RGB 24 video format
2) Y800 video format

Thank you.

Stefan Geissler
May 12, 2014, 11:45:43
Hi

Well, I had the hope, you uses PNG or BMP... JPEG will remove the bayer mosaic pattern.

Could you please let me know the serial number of the camera?

carlosb
May 12, 2014, 12:47:13
Hi

Well, I had the hope, you uses PNG or BMP... JPEG will remove the bayer mosaic pattern.

Could you please let me know the serial number of the camera?

I tried to attach the BMP, but it was not possible, the forum doesn't allow uploading image larger than 100 KBytes

The serial: # 31310249

Comment:
Furthermore, I am implementing a wrapper with your C sdk (tisgrabbe.dll, not C++) and i couldn't configure the gain and the color enhancement parameter, they return errors:
for setColorEnhancement returns -3 IC_NOT_AVAILABLE
for IC_SetPropertyAbsoluteValue returns -6 IC_PROPERTY_ELEMENT_WRONG_INTERFACE

Comment2:
We are working a DBK 72BUC02 BUT the driver is for a DFK 72BUC02 !!, I don't know if it is the correct driver

Stefan Geissler
May 12, 2014, 14:03:17
The production database says, the camera uses a color board. You may check with IC Capture, when Y800 video format is set, whether there is a kind of checker board pattern visible in the image. This points to a color sensor. Therefore, I asked for a a BMP or PNG, because the JPEG compression will remove the pattern.

Which driver do you use?

or setColorEnhancement returns -3 IC_NOT_AVAILABLE

This points to the camera not being a color camera. I suppose, there is also no white balance available. Which computer model do you use?

for IC_SetPropertyAbsoluteValue returns -6 IC_PROPERTY_ELEMENT_WRONG_INTERFACE
I need to now the parameters you use.

Correct, supported, is for Exposure:
IC_SetPropertyAbsoluteValue(hGrabber,"Exposure","Value",0.0303);

Absolute Values gain is not supported by this camera model.

We are working a DBK 72BUC02 BUT the driver is for a DFK 72BUC02 !!, I don't know if it is the correct driver
The only difference between DBK and DFK is the IR cut filter in the DFK.

carlosb
May 13, 2014, 08:47:15
The production database says, the camera uses a color board. You may check with IC Capture, when Y800 video format is set, whether there is a kind of checker board pattern visible in the image. This points to a color sensor. Therefore, I asked for a a BMP or PNG, because the JPEG compression will remove the pattern.

Where is it this pattern in the image? In this link you can download the images
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgcr7vs2auj7yl1/images_cam.zip

Which driver do you use?

I installed these drivers: http://archive.theimagingsource.com/es_ES/p/ff16924c/ version v2.4.14

This points to the camera not being a color camera. I suppose, there is also no white balance available. Which computer model do you use?

Dell, Precision T3610 http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/precision-t3610-workstation/pd with windows 7 professional

I need to now the parameters you use.

I use this parameters in my source code ( 0 can represent a FALSE boolean)

[Camera]
model: DBK 72BUC02
video_format: RGB24 (2592x1944)
frame_rate: 5
bytes_per_pixel: 3
color_enhancement: 0
gain: 4
enable_autocamera: 0
autovideo: 0
exposure: 1.0

Correct, supported, is for Exposure:
IC_SetPropertyAbsoluteValue(hGrabber,"Exposure","Value",0.0303);

Absolute Values gain is not supported by this camera model.

The only difference between DBK and DFK is the IR cut filter in the DFK.

Stefan Geissler
May 13, 2014, 10:55:23
Hello

The image Y800 BMP looks definitely for a mono sensor.

One question: Is on your computer a software "Creative Labs Live cam" or similar installed? If so, uninstall.

If not, we could create an RMA so you can send the camera and I can check.

However, the camera was build app 8 month ago. Why does the problem popup now and not earlier?

carlosb
May 13, 2014, 13:01:48
I have installed a software for Logitech webcam, it could give conflicts.... Anyway, i tested this camera in three different computers and we had the same problem...

We don't know why now the camera is doing this.... It has been used in different projects and we don't know if another team could modify or broke it....

What is it a RMA? Is it possible to send (via mail) the camera to fix it? and finally... how much would it cost...?

Regards,
Carlos

Stefan Geissler
May 13, 2014, 13:54:41
Please create a contact at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/
You do not need to fill in all field with meaning full data, however, I need it to send an RMA mail to you, so you can send the camera in. I suppose, it was directly purchased from us.

If you received the camera from a local dealer, please go in contact with him, otherwise I will get into trouble here.

carlosb
May 13, 2014, 14:04:36
Ok,

the dealer is in Madrid.... I am going to try to contact with him....

Thank you very much for your support, you reply fast, accurate and very well :)

Regards,
Carlos