PDA

View Full Version : DFK 23G445 Gige Camera problem

Birkan
March 26, 2014, 18:42:47
Hello,
I have DFK 23G445 Gige Camera. I run IC Capcute 2.3 program but I don't see camera name in select device part. I download the Software on camera. In addition there is only light in camera's ethernet part lamp.What do I need?
thanks.

Stefan Geissler
March 27, 2014, 09:03:57
I suppose, you installed the gige camera driver too. http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/ "v2.0.0.1670 Device Driver for The Imaging Source GigE Cameras [2.47 MB]"

If only the yellow LED is on, but not the green one, then you do not have a GigE connection. That means, either your computer or your PoE injector has a 100mBit network only. You need GigE components.

jstare
July 16, 2014, 16:50:45
Is there a way to connect to the camera via crossover cable (the laptop only has 100Mbit NIC)?
I tried it, but still can't see the camera in the GigE IP config (only orange light is turned on the camera). I tried to set the IP to static but no difference. I only use low frame rates.

Otherwise camera works fine on a GigE connection and SDK is great!

Stefan Geissler
July 17, 2014, 12:04:15
Hello

I never tried the camera on a 100mBit network, but I guess, this will not work at all.

jstare
August 7, 2014, 13:50:34
Hello

I never tried the camera on a 100mBit network, but I guess, this will not work at all.

It indeed does not work. Even if you have it connected to a 1Gb router and then with UTP cable to a 100Mbit laptop NIC.

Here's the funny part...
The camera actually works if you connect it to a wireless router (with a 1Gb bult-in switch) and then use the wireless connection to access the camera! Only usable for low framerates of course.