PDA

View Full Version : Mono Image in ImageControl

pauldo
March 13, 2014, 22:08:30
My apologies if this has been answered. It seems like it would be a simple enough thing to do, but I'm not able to find the solution it if it is.

I'm using a DFK 23F274 running in the C# image control in Visual Studio WinForms.

My task is to show the live video, get the subject to line up, snap the image, and then save it to disk. All pretty simple and it works except the video and the saved image are in black and white. I have tried various property settings in the control and in code and cannot find a place to switch it to color. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
paul

Stefan Geissler
March 14, 2014, 11:02:02
Hello Paul,

If you use the Y800 or Y16 video formats, then you will receive "gray scale" images, which are in fact raw data images.

Please use the RGB32 or RGB 24 video format of the camera.

You can set the video by writing:
ic.Videoformat = "RGB32 (1600x1200)";

pauldo
March 14, 2014, 21:06:39
Thanks for the quick reply Stefan.

That did not do the trick. I set it in code with the example above but it is still in black and white.

Thanks,
paul

Stefan Geissler
March 17, 2014, 09:38:18
Paul,

Do you see a faint checker board pattern in the image, if you use Y800 video format?

Which sink type do you use? The MemoryCurrentGrabberColorformat property is set to RGB24 by default. If you use Y800 or Y16, then you will receive grayscale images.

You may post the code, that initializes the camera and IC Imaging Control in your project.

I would like to to save an image as BMP and send it to me.

Also, I would like you to download and install IC Capture and check, whether there is a monochrome image too.

pauldo
March 17, 2014, 16:36:48
Thanks Stefan. I think the first suggestion did the trick but the recompiled code did not come up when I said it didn't do the trick.

Thanks for the help,
paul

Stefan Geissler
March 17, 2014, 17:10:19
Paul

I think the first suggestion did the trick but the recompiled code did not come up when I said it didn't do the trick.
I must admit, I do not understand.