View Full Version : Image Acquisition without dependencies on WinForms?

October 21, 2013, 10:25:23

I'm new to the SDK. I could not find any sample that does image acquisition without ICImagingControl, which depends on WinForms.
In my case, I get a network trigger to capture an image, and send that to the requesting computer, which does image processing on it. So no need to display it on the host the camera is connected to.

Are there 'lower level' functions to do the image retrieval?

Stefan Geissler
October 21, 2013, 11:36:25

If you use .NET frame work, you can use the IC .NET component without a form and set the "LiveDisplay" property to false. Doing so, you can create a console application instead of a Windows Forms program.

As for your question: Well, you can use IC Imaging Control Classlibrary and C++ to create your application. There are many Console program samples installed.

December 12, 2013, 14:34:41

I have a similar question - right now im need to implement localized version of property setup dialog (where user choose FPS, resolution and device). So, i cant find methods that would allow me to load FPS and Resolution settings from my own WinForm to ICImagingControl object.

I see a way with saving multiple .dat files with different settings and then choose .dat file based on user choise, but this is horrible solution. Is there any other ways, maybe i miss something important?

Stefan Geissler
December 12, 2013, 15:54:24
I must admit, I do not understand your question. Localization has no direct relation to resolution and restore of properties.