PDA

View Full Version : dfg2usb pro 32-bit code Windows 7 64-bit

awrench
October 7, 2013, 20:12:25
I have some code that uses the dfg2usb callback to display video input. This is 32-bit code and works on a PC running Windows 7 32-bit operating system and using an Intel Core duo 2.8GHz processor

When the same code is run on a Windows 7 64-bit operating system with an Intel i7 -3720 quad 2.6GHz processor the callback does not seem to receive valid data.

Is there a known problem communicating with the driver from 32-bit code on a 64-bit system?

Alan

Stefan Geissler
October 8, 2013, 09:53:54
Hello

First of all, the problem is not the difference between 32 and 64 bit architecture. I suppose, the problem is your Core i7 being too fast. Therefore it goes to often into power saving mode, so the USB data transfer is interruppted. This results in damaged images, usually horizontal lines in the image. The Processor Idle State Manager can try to avoid the power saving.

It can be downloaded from http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/ at the bottom at "Tools And Utilities"

awrench
October 8, 2013, 11:55:12
Thank you. With the Processor Idle State Manager running, the code displays the video input on the quad core i7 machine.