PDA

View Full Version : Autofocus

Jerry
October 4, 2013, 12:48:44
Using a DFK72AUC02-F

I am after a little more information about the autofocus algorithm.

I am finding that, when an object is introduced into the image foreground, the camera continues to focus on the distant background objects despite the fact that the new object occupies most of the field of view. It appears that if even a small area of the image remains in focus then autofocus does not refocus on the centre of the field of view. What part of the image does the algorithm use ? Can I change it ?

Jerry

Stefan Geissler
October 4, 2013, 13:49:31
Jerry

First of all, the camera does no permanent auto focus. The auto focus must be started manually again, if the scene changes
Secondly the auto focus tries to find a portion of the image, which has the most edges and focuses on them

Jerry
October 11, 2013, 11:34:22
What I am seeing is the camera focusses on something down in the bottom left corner of the image and ignores what is in the centre of the field of view. Even when I trigger a new autofocus cycle, the object of interest in the centre of the image remains out of focus. Is there any way to control the autofocus ROI or give the centre of the image more priority.

Stefan Geissler
October 11, 2013, 11:47:24
Jerry,

the auto focus focuses on the part in the images, that shows the most contrast and edges. You can not control the auto focus ROI on your own. For doing so, you will have to write your own auto focus algorithm