PDA

View Full Version : I need a camera library software for DFK 23GP031 GIGE camera in Ubuntu?

naveen
July 19, 2013, 13:23:13
Hi,

I want to use following camera in Ubuntu

DFK 23GP031 GIGE camera model.
DFK 21AF04 fire wire camera model

For that ,Please advice which camera library will support ubuntu and QT.
I have tried with Unicap but its not supporting fireware and GIgE camera model.
Please share if you have any library and ideas.

Thanks,

Naveen.

Stefan Geissler
July 19, 2013, 13:47:03
Hi

DFK 23GP031 GIGE camera model -> http://blogs.gnome.org/emmanuel/2010/04/01/aravis-a-vision-library/

DFK 21AF04 fire wire camera model -> the standard 1394 lib

naveen
July 22, 2013, 07:57:07
Thanks Stefan,Can I get the 1394 lib sample code?

Stefan Geissler
July 22, 2013, 10:25:52
I am very sorry, but I have no Linux experiences, therefore there are no samples

naveen
September 18, 2013, 07:07:10
I am very sorry, but I have no Linux experiences, therefore there are no samples

HI Stefan,

I configure and compile Aravis-vision library API in Ubuntu operating system.
No camera found error is throwing while running aravis viewer. I am not able detect GIGE camera in Ubuntu.
Please let me know the steps to detect GIGE camera in Ubuntu to ensure camera connections.

Thanks,
Naveen

Stefan Geissler
September 18, 2013, 14:19:36
Dear Naveen,

As I wrote above, I have absolutely no Linux experience. I never tried the Aravis library on my own. I must admit, I do not have a Linux running in my office. Therefore please apologize my lack of knowledge.

I suppose the camera is connected to the computer, green LED is lit. I suppose the IP address of the camera is matching to your network. However, I do not know, how to check the IP address of the camera in Linux. Per default, the camera runs on DHCP, which means, it either got an address by the DHCP server, or, if no DHCP server is available, it uses a Link Local address.

Unfortunately one of my Linux users is on holidays. However, is it possible to ask the Aravis programmers for help? Is there are forum?

naveen
September 19, 2013, 10:11:29
Thanks for your immediate response.Please let me know once you get any information related to this issue.

Stefan Geissler
September 19, 2013, 13:42:01
Hello,

maybe, if you found more information or contact information, you may post this too.