PDA

View Full Version : Accessing DMK41AG02 using NI-IMAQdx & LabWindows/CVI

_mju_
July 2, 2013, 14:53:04
Hello,

I'm trying to access two DMK41AG02 GigE cameras with LabWindows/CVI which uses National Instruments's IMAQdx drivers.
In principle the connection to both cameras work fine - IC Capture detects the cameras and shows an image.

When I try to access on of the cameras using LabWindows I have two issues:

1) LabWindows detects three cameras, two of Bus Type "Ethernet" (that are my cameras) and one of Bus Type "Direct Show". The latter one seems to be a clone of my first camera which is created by the device driver.

2) When I try to snap an image from a camera of Bus type Ethernet I receive an error:

Error 0xBFF69031
The system did not receive a test packet from the camera. The packet size may be too large for the network configuration or a firewall may be enabled.

My local network passes jumbo frames. However to be on the safe side I reduced the packet size to a safe value of 1400 bytes.
When I try to control a camera using National's MAX I receive the same error.

When I snap an image from the direct show device everything works fine.

Does anybody know how I can access these cameras (or how to create an additional direct show clone for the second camera ;-))

Regards,
_mju_

Stefan Geissler
July 2, 2013, 17:32:58
1) LabWindows detects three cameras, two of Bus Type "Ethernet" (that are my cameras) and one of Bus Type "Direct Show". The latter one seems to be a clone of my first camera which is created by the device driver.
This is correct.

2) When I try to snap an image from a camera of Bus type Ethernet I receive an error:

Error 0xBFF69031
The system did not receive a test packet from the camera. The packet size may be too large for the network configuration or a firewall may be enabled.

Did you disable the firewall?