PDA

View Full Version : overlay

atorick
April 11, 2013, 00:08:15
Hello all, I am new to this forum and indeed new to this type of imaging system. I have a small engineering business and use an optical projector/shadowgraph with overlay charts to inspect the tools that I make, I would like to be able to do this inspection on the machine. A DMK 72AUC02 has been recommended to me as a sutiable camera.
Can anyone tell me if there is a simple way of overlaying a CAD type drawing on the monitor, I believe it is called a DXF file. Companies like National Instruments can supply the software but it is very expensive and does far more that I need.
Regards,
Bob.

Stefan Geissler
April 11, 2013, 08:53:30
Hi Bob,

the DFX file format is a simple, easy to ready format. However, it was, when I worked with it in 1995 :-) (Please do not ask for the source code, I do not have it anymore.) The format therefore, you should be able to read this format, interpret it and display it in the IC Imaging Control Overlabitmap object. Of course the drawing must be scaled, so it matches to the scale of the image provided by the camera.

I do not think, you will find a ready to use libary, but may by http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/156522/DXF-Import-NET-Read-and-View-AutoCAD-Format-Files is a good point to start.

atorick
April 23, 2013, 12:35:48
Hello Stefan, thank you for your reply, I have passed the information on to a friend of mine who is good with Autocad and am waiting for a reply.
I bought a 72 AUC02 camera but cannot get a sharp image no matter what adjustments I make, am I missing something?
Regards,
Bob.

Stefan Geissler
April 23, 2013, 12:51:14
I bought a 72 AUC02 camera but cannot get a sharp image no matter what adjustments I make, am I missing something?

I would point to the 5mm ring, maybe dismounted with the camera protection cab. The 5mm distance ring is needed for C-Mount lenses. If you use a CS-Mount lens, it must be removed.

atorick
April 23, 2013, 15:26:16
Hello Stefan, I have tried it with and without the ring, it works better with it but the image is still not sharp.
Regards,
Bob.

Stefan Geissler
April 23, 2013, 17:38:29
Hi Bob,

Which lens do you use?

The camera itself does not create sharp or unsharp images. This is a problem of the lens and distance only.

In case your lens has fixing screws for the focus ring, you may loosen them

atorick
April 24, 2013, 11:17:46
Hello Stefan, thank you for your replies. I have adjusted the gain and exposure settings and it has improved the image. How can I get the other toolbars to work?
Regards,
Bob.

Stefan Geissler
April 24, 2013, 11:41:57
Bob

which other toolbars? I suppose you mean the other controls, which are disabled, because the camera does not support these properties. They can not be enabled, because the camera does not support these properties.