PDA

View Full Version : Focal value of an color DFK 31BF03-Z2.H

youssef
April 4, 2013, 09:42:11
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to read and set the focal value of an color DFK 31BF03-Z2.H

Stefan Geissler
April 4, 2013, 10:28:47
Hi

Yes, you can read and set the value set to the stepper motor of the focus unit. However, the exact relation of this value to focus length in mm is not know and differs from camera to camera.

youssef
April 4, 2013, 11:18:10
how can I determine the value of the focal length in mm for DMK 31BF03-Z2.h becaufe it varies from 0 to 379 and I do not know the equivalent of these values ​​in mm :confused:

thanks for your help.

Stefan Geissler
April 4, 2013, 14:16:50
Hello,

As I wrote above, the relation is unknown, therefore, I can not answer this question.

youssef
April 5, 2013, 17:54:07
the word "focus" for imaging sources (in the parameters) means "focal" or not? because, logically, if we change the zoom value that means that the value of the focal length change too! :confused:

Stefan Geissler
April 8, 2013, 08:59:41
However, it is the same for the focal length. The exact relation is unknown, because each camera has its own calibration.

youssef
April 8, 2013, 15:01:50
Hello, I am working on matlab and I want to trigger the camera DMK 31BF03-z2.h by external TTL signal. I can only acquire and record a single image, but I want to acquire an image every second. Can you help me out because imaqtool matlab I can not find the program that allows me to do that but I've done it with vb.net before.
thank you for your help.

Stefan Geissler
April 8, 2013, 16:13:28
If you have an external TTL signal, then you must fire this signal each second.

Otherwise, I do not really understand your issue.

youssef
April 8, 2013, 16:55:36
I plug my camera with the TTL signal and I want, when I run my program, that my camera starts to acquire images automatically each amount frond .. in vb.net i have the following program and it acquire one image each second with TTL signal do you know the equivalent in matlab:

IcImagingControl1.LiveStop()
IcImagingControl1.DeviceTrigger = True
IcImagingControl1.MemorySnapImage()
IcImagingControl1.LiveStart()
IcImagingControl1.MemorySaveImage("D:\Etudiants\AMRI\vba\images\imageszoom1\C1_z1_" + Str(i) + ".bmp")

Stefan Geissler
April 8, 2013, 17:25:39
Hello Youssef

Your approach in Visual Basic is at least questionable. Usually, the ImageAvailable Event is used, if a camera runs with external trigger.

But the answer to your question: No, I am very sorry, I do not know, how to do this in Matlab. I suggest to ask the Matlab support how to create a matching script. I do not use Matlab on my own, therefore, I have no experiences with it.