PDA

View Full Version : DFK 23G274 (Gibabit) Step-by-step installation on Windows 8 (x64)

R&D-Mevlana
March 19, 2013, 14:01:47
Hi all,

I want to learn how to install DFK 23G274 Gigabit camera on my Windows 8 OS.
Is there any document how to intall drivers(how to set the IP addresses etc.) on a Windows 8 machine?
I can not find any detailed document about it.
I have already installed drivers but " GigECam IP Config software" can not find any IP address or camera yet.

Regards,

Stefan Geissler
March 19, 2013, 14:50:25
Hello,

please download the GigE camera driver from http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/ (Device Driver for The Imaging Source GigE Cameras [2.16 MB]). Install them. Its an installation program, so you simply start it.

After installing the driver software, you will see an icon in the systray. Clicking on it, the GigE camera config program is shown. However, in the first step, you do not need to change any configuration in there.

For having a nice image and see the camera properties, you may install IC Capture from the same page in the "End User" section.

If you want to program, you can find the SDK, e.g. IC Imaging Control on the very same page.

The camera should work out of the box, so you should not need to change the IP address.

Please keep in mind, the camera must be powered, either external with 12V or via PoE (The PoE Injector must have a GigE NIC).

Since or CD ROM burning machine died, we decided to no longer provide CD ROMs.