PDA

View Full Version : DMK31AF31 not working on MACBOOK PRO with WIN7.

marsel60
March 10, 2013, 13:36:08
Hello Stefan, do you remember me? :-)
Sorry but one more time I'm facing problems in using your well done cameras in my setup
and I need your expertise.
I've just bought a MACBOOK PRO Intel (i7 platform) and installed (dual boot) WIN7.
I installed latest ICC, latest camera drivers for DMK31AF03 and activeX 9.0c. Since my
MACBOOK has a native firewire 800 port and from specification seems to have sufficient
power to provide to DMK31, I bought just a 9 to 6 pin 4.5m firewire cable to work with it.
Booting WIN7 and connecting the camera it is normally recognized and starting ICC in live
mode appear the video stream. The problem is that as soon as I change the frame rate from
30fps (working frame rate) to a lower value the camera seems to be not working. ICC say
that even if the camera is connected is not sending video flow in live mode; ICC seems to
be hanging and I'm not able to work on it. This appear in all resolution except to 30fps.
I checked out some other experience and solution on the forum without success.. so, have
you any hint/solution?
Thanks in advance for your time and patient
- Marco Sellini -

Stefan Geissler
March 11, 2013, 10:37:59
Hi Marco,

I can reproduce your issue with the 4.4.0.1 and the newer version of the driver, that is in development. This means, that there is no solution available at this point of time. I am not sure, whether it is possible to add a 400 mBit board to your computer.

I issued a bug report to the driver department.

marsel60
March 12, 2013, 21:13:08
Hi Marco,

I can reproduce your issue with the 4.4.0.1 and the newer version of the driver, that is in development. This means, that there is no solution available at this point of time. I am not sure, whether it is possible to add a 400 mBit board to your computer.

I issued a bug report to the driver department.

Auch.. bad news for me/us! In any case I'm happy you can reproduce the problem and find a solution for us all. No, I cannot install any other card inside MACBOOK PRO so.. we need to wait for a new driver. As you can image I'm available and anxious to beta test your driver at any time. I hope to use and test another camera (USB) on my MAC.
So, thanks for your prompt reply and please "use" me to test the new driver.
Have all a good week.. bye.

marsel60
March 15, 2013, 22:05:38
Stefan,
waiting a bug fix on IS driver for WIN7 64bit for firewire cameras installed on MACBOOK PRO, I was thinking to remove WIN7 64bit and installing instead Windows XP SP3. I read on another post in this forum that IS firewire driver is fine for XP SP2 but we need to install an MS hot fix. That you know, the problem has been fixed by MS on the latest SP3? If not and there is another hot fix.. which hot fix for SP3 I need to install?
Thanks for your precious cooperation.

Stefan Geissler
March 20, 2013, 09:57:03
Hello,

just to keep you updated: We are not sure, whether this is a driver or a firmware issue.

marsel60
March 30, 2013, 15:16:41
Happy Easter to you and everyone and thanks a lot for your update Stefan.
I hope to test WindowsXP into my MAC in a short time.. I'll let you know.
Best regards