PDA

View Full Version : DFK31F03 Exposure times

werner
March 6, 2013, 11:09:36
Hello,

I'm trying to set the exposure time in LabView using IC LabVIEW Extension. My device is a DFK31F03.
I can access it, but the range of values is about 0 to 823, which should be -11 to 1 as I read in the description. In the VCD Property Inspector I can set both types of values:
'Range' with values from 0 to 823 and
'MapStrings' with values from -11 (1/16384 sec) to 1 (1 sec).

My question is: Is there any mathematical relation between the 'Range' values and the 'MapString' values?
I can match selected points e.g. the value of 368 to -5 (1/32 sec), but it would be great if I could match any value to the physical exposure time.

Thanks a lot.

Werner

Stefan Geissler
March 11, 2013, 08:42:03
Hello

I am sure, there is a mathematical relation, but unfortunately, I do not know it, since your camera is a very old model.

I wonder, why IC Imaging does not offer the Mapstrings Interface in LabVIEW too.

werner
March 13, 2013, 10:52:32
Hello

thanks for the answer. If I want to set exposuretimes in LabVIEW I always get error -2147352567 or -2147220969, and there is no description for these errors.
I had a look at the values and it seems that there are two linear functions that descibe the relationsship between Mapstrings and Range-Values. So I made a curve-fitting and the errors are quite small, so that works fine for me and my problem is solved.
Nevertheless I thank you for you help.

Werner

Stefan Geissler
March 13, 2013, 11:55:11
Hi

There should be a description of the errors, if the error lines are used correctly. IC Imaging Control throws an exception with a text, which I must admit is not helpful in every case. But unfortunately I am not a LabVIEW programmer, so I do not know, how to do this. (I know, I should learn this.)

Boonping
May 22, 2013, 08:05:49
Helllo,

I have a similar error code -2147352567 in IC_OpenDevice.vi->Device Setup.vi. However, labview returned no further information except asking me to search the web for possible resolution.

Although I can press 'ok' for it to work and save the configuration, but there are no options to choose from the four scroll bars.

After that, I tried to load the configuration files into the IMAQ Image.vi file, the same error code appear and says that Error -2147352567 in properties node (arg1) in IC_openDevice.vi -> IC_RestoreState.vi -> IMAQ Image.vi.

May I know anyone have resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Hello

thanks for the answer. If I want to set exposuretimes in LabVIEW I always get error -2147352567 or -2147220969, and there is no description for these errors.
I had a look at the values and it seems that there are two linear functions that descibe the relationsship between Mapstrings and Range-Values. So I made a curve-fitting and the errors are quite small, so that works fine for me and my problem is solved.
Nevertheless I thank you for you help.

Werner

Stefan Geissler
May 22, 2013, 09:27:37
Hello

If you use IC_RestoreState.vi, you do not need to call IC_openDevice.vi.

I have a question: Is the IC LabVIEW Extension documention, containing getting started in LabVIEW and Reference installed with your Extension? I do not see this in my installation, so I may have a setup error.

Boonping
May 22, 2013, 15:41:45
Hello,

Thanks. Actually, I'm using DMK23F274 camera which have the same error code.

To your question, Yes, My extenstion documention do contain getting started and Reference.

Stefan Geissler
May 22, 2013, 16:04:00
Did you remove the IC_openDevice.vi? As I wrote above?

And please post a small VI that repeats the issue. I am not very familiar with LabVIEW, but I know, IC Imaging Control will give readable error text. Also post the .dat file, which you try to load with IC_RestoreState.vi. The file exists and can be found by your VIs?

Boonping
May 23, 2013, 08:32:38
Dear Stefan,

Sorry, I'm not sure how to post the attachment directly. I'm unable to post the VI. Also, I can not post .dat file also. There is error in loading the file, so instead I posted a .zip file.

I have actually simplified the VI to the most simple form, which you can see from the image attachment.

Best regards,

Stefan Geissler
May 23, 2013, 10:02:22
Hello

First error: Device name is wrong, a space is missing. False "DFK23F274", correct "DFK 23F274".

In Visual Basic 6 an error message was available. I wonder, how to get the same in LabVIEW

Boonping
May 23, 2013, 13:02:49
Dear Stefan,

I have change the name with the space. However, the same error code appear.

Best regards,
BP

Stefan Geissler
May 23, 2013, 13:27:59
I went deeper into this. Unfortunately the LabVIEW error handling is a little bit lazy here.

Please check, whether your camera camera is connected at all. You can invoke the method node "ShowDeviceSettingsDialog" instead of "IC_OpenDevice"

The error message says, a parameter passed to a function call is invalid. This means, the string you created is somewhat wrong.

You can reproduce the error message in a simple way: Add the IC Imaging Control ActiveX on your form. In the Block Diagram you invoke the "Device" node, change it to write and pass something wrong to it. Then the very same error should appear.

BTW: You can look into the IC_OpenDevice.VI and all the others, if you want to.