PDA

View Full Version : Dmk41au02.as down

nandopg
January 6, 2013, 00:10:40
Hello,
My DMK41AU02.AS stop working for no reason. I was wondering if it is possible to provide the service manual of the camera. From my country is virtually impossible to send stuff out for service and get it back. Also in my shop I have full capability to assembly and rework SMT boards, including bga packages.

I already reinstalled just the driver, just the IC.Capture, both...a nd nothing. When I connect the camera to IC.Capture I got a message telling the camera is in live mode but it doesn't seem to delivery any image.

I am eager waiting for your return,

Fernando

Stefan Geissler
January 7, 2013, 09:14:53
Hi Fernando,

Unfortunately there is nothing like a service manual.

If you have been able to install the camera driver, then the seem to be working, because the computer detects it. Therefore, did you try another USB cable? Did you try a lower frame rate? Did you have a look on the exposure times, so you may set a short time? In earlier times we got similar error message, because the exposure time was too long and IC Capture got its time out.

nandopg
January 7, 2013, 13:31:32
Thank you for the reply.
So no service manual..., OK. Let me sumarize what I already have done:
1- I connected the camera to 3 different laptops with different cables getting the same result no matter in which machine I connected.
2- It doesn't matter if I am in 15 fps, 7.5 fps or whatever fps set. I haven't tried with slower speeds as I will never used the camera in such situation.
3- In the same laptop that the camera presented the failure and using the same USB cable, I connected another camera I have, a Skynyx 2.0m, and then I was able to capture my images with no problem at all.

According to 1, 2 and 3, I am pretty sure that I have a plain damaged unit needing service.

Considering that I live in Brazil where it is impossible to send stuff out for service and then get the stuff back in and that you don't have a service manual available, what are the alternatives for me to have the camera fixed ?

Fernando P. Guimaraes

Stefan Geissler
January 7, 2013, 15:13:16
2- It doesn't matter if I am in 15 fps, 7.5 fps or whatever fps set. I haven't tried with slower speeds as I will never used the camera in such situation.

There was a reason asking this. It was regarding interrupted image data transfer and therefore dropped frames.

3- In the same laptop that the camera presented the failure and using the same USB cable, I connected another camera I have, a Skynyx 2.0m, and then I was able to capture my images with no problem at all.

Does the DMK no longer work, since you use the Synyx camera?

According to 1, 2 and 3, I am pretty sure that I have a plain damaged unit needing service.

Correct. The usual way is going into contact with your camera dealer, who should handle this.

BTW: What is the serial number of the camera?

I am very sorry, but I have no better possibilities.

nandopg
January 7, 2013, 16:32:27
The serial number of my camera is: 45110324
I bought it from Modern Astronomy in England

I can't see how Bernard at Modern Astronomy will be able to handle this, as the problem is this damn country where I live.

If you provide the schematics with some DC measurements marked on it I certainly would be able to fix the camera here as I have in my shop full capability to deal with assembly and rework of smt boards, otherwise the camera will be used as paper weight.

Fernando

Stefan Geissler
January 9, 2013, 09:18:24
Fernando,

I asked my US colleagues, whether there is a possibility to do something, since they handle the cameras in Brazil.

nandopg
January 9, 2013, 14:03:34
Stefan,
Thanks for your interest to have my problem solved. Is there anything I could do to speed up things with the people in US ?

Best Regards,

Fernando

Stefan Geissler
January 9, 2013, 14:07:47
You can not do anything. I already spoke with them, so they should do something.