PDA

View Full Version : LabVIEW IC Error

dnorman
November 19, 2012, 18:34:34
Hello,

I just recently started using IC with LabVIEW and everything was working fine, but for some reason now the camera image will load but when you try to change the Video Norm or Video Format the following error occurs.

Error -2146828286 occurred at Exception occured in IC.ICImagingControl3.1: An unexpected DShowLibException occured: Error = startLive failed.
VideoCaptureDevice = DFG/USB2-lt
VideoFormat = Y800 (720x480)
In file : "GrabberPImpl.cpp" at line : 592

in IC_SetVideoNorm.vi->Device Setup.vi

This occurs in my VI's as well as the example VI: Device Setup. It was working fine on Friday. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this or how to fix the problem?
(By the way, I'm not a programmer per se. I only have limited experience when a project calls for it.)

Thanks in advance for any help or advice,
dnorman

Stefan Geissler
November 20, 2012, 09:21:36
Hi

If the very same code worked fine on Friday, but not on Sunday, then I would point to a problem with the hardware. I suggest to install IC Capture and check, whether the DFG/USB2-lt works at all. If it does not work, you may exchange the USB cable.

Also you may look into Windows Device Manager. If the DFG/USB2-lt is show with an error, e.g. "Code 10 the device can not start", then you may also delete it from the Device Manager, disconnect, reconnect, install the driver and try again.

dnorman
November 20, 2012, 13:33:20
The device works as expected with IC Capture. Only when I try to use ActiveX with LabVIEW do I get the error.

The only change between Friday and Monday was a Windows update. I didn't know if this would have affected it, but I thought I'd mention it.

Stefan Geissler
November 20, 2012, 16:00:56
Please try a very simple VI as shown at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/blog/permalink/9aa2161bc837e4400fbd5f6a44dde5b6/

dnorman
November 20, 2012, 16:30:35
I made the example VI and when I ran it the first time everything worked fine. I stopped the VI and then re-ran it and got the same error as before though. I have tried closing and re-opening the VI and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. The same is true for the Device Setup.VI example as long as it doesn't crash LabVIEW.

Stefan Geissler
November 20, 2012, 18:10:55
If you stop the VI, make sure for the next start, the live video has been stopped too. If you abort a VI wihtout stopping the live video, then it keeps running and you can not change video formats etc. You will receive an exception.

Thus, the first VI connected to the IC Imaging Control instance should be the "IC_Clear.vi".

dnorman
November 20, 2012, 18:33:26
Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the help. It seems to be working with no problems now.

dnorman
November 26, 2012, 15:27:07
Well, got in to work today and LabVIEW is giving me the same problem now as before, even with the IC Imaging Control connected to the IC_Clear.vi. Any ideas what else could be causing this? It's odd that it seems to work well, after I get it working, until I shut my work computer down for the weekend.

Stefan Geissler
November 26, 2012, 17:17:04
Hello

I would like to know, whether the front panel shows a live video, while you stopped the VI itself. If a live video is show, then you may call LiveStop at the end of your VI. However, this should also be done by using the IC_Clear.VI.

dnorman
November 26, 2012, 19:01:33
No the front panel doesn't show live video now after the vi is stopped, but when the vi is ran again the error still occurs. It occurs in IC_SetVideoFormat, IC_OpenDevice, and IC_RestoreDevice in addition to the simple example that I recreated from above.