PDA

View Full Version : DFK51 with Windows 8

drksky
November 16, 2012, 05:06:19
Whenever I try to start my DMK51 with my Win 8 laptop I get the following message:
---------------------------
IC Capture.AS 2.2
The device 'DMK 51AU02.AS (40210377)' is in live mode, but does not seem to deliver images.
Please try to chose a different video format or try reconnecting your device to your computer.
OK

If I back the frame rate down to 7, then it will start displaying the live image, but why can I not use the full frame rate? I'm using a cable that is known to work with an older computer with no problem. Might it have something to do with using a USB 2.0 device on a USB 3.0 port? Please help!

Stefan Geissler
November 16, 2012, 09:13:16
I would look into the FAQ at http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_camerahandling#faq_ic_pismusb May be the Processor Idle State Manager is a good point to start.

drksky
November 16, 2012, 12:52:05
I would look into the FAQ at http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_camerahandling#faq_ic_pismusb May be the Processor Idle State Manager is a good point to start.

Nope, than didn't do it. I'm assuming that the Idle State Manager is working, but it's hard to tell. Once I ran it, it just goes to the system tray and sits there and gives me no options other than About or Exit.

And, as I stated above, I know the USB cable is good as it works find with a different computer.

Is this a hardware issue, or is it Windows 8? I don't like it much and am going to reload the laptop with Win 7 Pro.

Stefan Geissler
November 16, 2012, 14:58:43
Does the Idle State Manager show a green frame around its icon?

Does your computer use an AMD or an Intel CPU?

drksky
November 16, 2012, 16:58:29
Does the Idle State Manager show a green frame around its icon?

Does your computer use an AMD or an Intel CPU?

I'm not sitting at the computer right now, but I don't remember seeing a green frame around it. Just the icon and the only two context menu items of About and Exit.

I'm using an i7 chipset. The laptop is a Toshiba Qosimo X875-Q7380. I should also note that this camera has worked with a similarly equipped i7 laptop, but with Windows 7. I'm leaning towards this being a Windows 8 issue with the current DMK drivers.

Tonight, I'm going to install a dual-boot Windows 7 partition and see if that makes a difference.

drksky
November 17, 2012, 06:27:01
I'm not sitting at the computer right now, but I don't remember seeing a green frame around it. Just the icon and the only two context menu items of About and Exit.

I'm using an i7 chipset. The laptop is a Toshiba Qosimo X875-Q7380. I should also note that this camera has worked with a similarly equipped i7 laptop, but with Windows 7. I'm leaning towards this being a Windows 8 issue with the current DMK drivers.

Tonight, I'm going to install a dual-boot Windows 7 partition and see if that makes a difference.

Well, that's a complete bust. Apparently this hardware has a problem with Windows 7, so I'm stuck with Win 8. Which brings us back to the original problem.

I looked at the Proc Idle State Manager and there is no green border around the icon. But again, this has to have something to do with drivers and Win 8 since everything works just fine on Windows 7 on a similar computer.

So, any other ideas?

Stefan Geissler
November 19, 2012, 10:33:14
Hello,

If the camera runs fine with 7.5 fps, then it is not a problem with the driver. However, I would like you to contact me directly at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/

I will give you a program, that does the same as the PISM, but in a different way. I do not want to post a download link here.

drksky
November 21, 2012, 02:00:55
Hello,

If the camera runs fine with 7.5 fps, then it is not a problem with the driver. However, I would like you to contact me directly at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/

I will give you a program, that does the same as the PISM, but in a different way. I do not want to post a download link here.

I did end up getting the laptop loaded with Windows 7 and am experiencing the same problem. Live view spits back the same error, but runs fine at 7.5fps. I tried downloading the PISM again and I don't see any green border around the icon in the system tray that I can tell. Must be something to do with the USB 3.0 bus. *shrug*

Stefan Geissler
November 21, 2012, 09:09:26
So please go in contact directly with me, as suggested above

drksky
November 21, 2012, 12:39:13
So please go in contact directly with me, as suggested above

I did. Used the link you gave above and opened case 268314

drksky
November 23, 2012, 18:27:50
I did. Used the link you gave above and opened case 268314

So, when the program you sent me the link for did not work, I tried going into the BIOS on the laptop and disabling the USB 3.0 bus, which makes all the ports USB 2.0 and lo and behold, the camera now works.

My question is, on the 10-month old laptop you say the camera works fine on, are the ports 2.0 or 3.0? Because this camera certainly has a problem with newer USB 3.0 hardware.

Stefan Geissler
November 26, 2012, 12:51:29
So, when the program you sent me the link for did not work, I tried going into the BIOS on the laptop and disabling the USB 3.0 bus, which makes all the ports USB 2.0 and lo and behold, the camera now works.

This strange. On my AS Media USB 3.0 built in and DLink USB 3.0 boards are no problems. But I had to search for newer drivers.