PDA

View Full Version : DBK 21AU618 installation problem

Vitor Quinta
October 16, 2012, 21:45:59
Hi all:

I can´t install my camera drivers software. It fails to recognise any connected device.
The problem is the same in Win XP and 7.
What can be the cause of this?
Thanks in advance,
Vitor Quinta

Stefan Geissler
October 17, 2012, 08:00:48
Hi

It is hard to guess, what the problem is. In the first step, I suggest to try another USB cable.

Also it is a good idea to check, whether the camera is listed somewhere in Windows Device Manager. Usually it can be found in the "Imaging Devices" section. If there is not enough power provided by the computer, then the camera will show up as "Unknown Device" in the "USB devices" section.

Please check these two things first.

Vitor Quinta
October 18, 2012, 11:59:48
Hi

It is hard to guess, what the problem is. In the first step, I suggest to try another USB cable.

Also it is a good idea to check, whether the camera is listed somewhere in Windows Device Manager. Usually it can be found in the "Imaging Devices" section. If there is not enough power provided by the computer, then the camera will show up as "Unknown Device" in the "USB devices" section.

Thanks Stefan.
I will follow your advice and hope it works.
I will let you know.
Vitor Quinta

Vitor Quinta
October 18, 2012, 21:41:04
Hi

Hi again Stefan:

Sorry, but the problem persists.
I tried another USB cable, a self-powered USB Hub, nothing worked.
In "Device Manager", in "Imaging Devices" or "Unknown Devices" no DBK Camera.
Trying to install USB drivers and the message"The wizard did not find any supported devices" with the camera connected!
Camera serial: 05210200
Any ideas?
Thanks

Stefan Geissler
October 19, 2012, 09:54:07
Hi Vitor,

Do you have a change to connect the camera to another computer and check, whether it shows up in Windows Device Manager?

Vitor Quinta
October 19, 2012, 10:02:21
Hi Vitor,

Do you have a change to connect the camera to another computer and check, whether it shows up in Windows Device Manager?

Hi Stefan:

When the camera is connected it shows up in Device Manager in a yellow question mark, but not under "imaging devices" or "Unknown devices".
Regards,
Vitor

Stefan Geissler
October 22, 2012, 08:26:10
Hi Vitor,

please let me know the error code. Perform a right mouse click on the camera in Windows Device Manager and choose "Properties". Then a new dialog shows up giving the wanted information.

If it is a "Code 10, The device can not start" you may try another USB cable.

Please let me know the used computer models.

Vitor Quinta
October 22, 2012, 21:22:20
Hi Vitor,

please let me know the error code. Perform a right mouse click on the camera in Windows Device Manager and choose "Properties". Then a new dialog shows up giving the wanted information.

If it is a "Code 10, The device can not start" you may try another USB cable.

Please let me know the used computer models.

Hi Stefan:
This is an old laptop with Win XP SP2 with USB1, and the code is 1. When i plug the usb cable it displays a message about a power peak surge, that is why i used a self powered usb hub previously, but without sucess.
Good news is I sucefully installed the DBK in a Win7 laptop and a desktop with the same OS, both with USB2, so i know the camera is ok.
Thanks,
Vitor

Stefan Geissler
October 24, 2012, 08:55:47
Hi Vitor,

Good to read, that the camera runs on your USB 2.0 HighSpeed port.

The camera wont run on USB 1.0 or 1.1. Therefore, you got a Code 10.