PDA

View Full Version : DMK21AU618.AS problem

Dave Smith
October 14, 2012, 19:22:16
I have just taken delivery of a new DMK21AU618.AS camera and having installed the driver and IC Capture find that the camera does not seem to work at 60 fps. All seems fine at lower frame rates but as soon as I change it to 60 fps the live view screen goes black and a second or two later the following message appears.

"The device DMK21AU618.AS (41210003) is in live mode, but does not to deliver images. Please try to choose a different video format or try reconnecting your device to your computer."

I have been using a DMK21AU04.AS for some time without any such problems.

I have tried it on two computers, one a desktop running Windows 7 and the other a netbook running Windows XP and have also tried using SharpCap instead of IC Capture. All give the same result.

I tried also to set the exposure time to be > 90 fps but no change.

Do I have a faulty camera which I should return to my supplier or am I doing something wrong?

Dave Smith

Stefan Geissler
October 15, 2012, 11:48:38
Dear Dave,

please the the following link in the FAQ first: http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_camerahandling#faq_ic_pismusb

Dave Smith
October 15, 2012, 17:09:42
Thank you for the quick reply. I did look through the FAQ but missed that one.

With my desktop computer (W7) neither worked and the situation remains the same, however when I tried a different USB lead in my netbook XP) it then worked fine at 60 fps and then rather bizarrely it then worked and has repeatedly worked fine with the original lead !!??

So I am now basically happy that the camera is not faulty and am particularly happy that it works now with my netbook as that is the computer I use for imaging. My only concern now is for when I have to upgrade the netbook - will the camera continue to work?

Is there anything else that I can try with my desktop?

Thank you very much for your help.

Dave Smith

Stefan Geissler
October 15, 2012, 17:18:09
Hi,

If your desktop computer uses an AMD CPU, then you encounter many problems, at least much more, than using Intel. You may try a lower frame rate an see what happens.

however when I tried a different USB lead in my netbook XP) it then worked fine at 60 fps and then rather bizarrely it then worked and has repeatedly worked fine with the original lead !!??

USB sometimes is strange. :-)

I use the same camera with Windows 7 and have no problems neither on USB 2 nor on USB 3.

Dave Smith
October 15, 2012, 17:38:08
Yes my desktop does have AMD CPUs. It does work up to 30 fps.

Dave

Stefan Geissler
October 15, 2012, 18:00:18
Dave,

Unfortunately AMD slows USB 2.0 a little bit down, therefore, you can not achieve the full frame rate. The Processor Idle State Manager has no effect on AMD CPUs.

Dave Smith
October 15, 2012, 18:28:44
Thank you, that is useful to know.

Dave