PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 and XP

Goodidea
October 10, 2012, 20:04:22
Two nightmares... :-)

In Windows 7, if I disconnect the DFG/USB2pro cable when my soft run, I can't close the soft, reboot the pc seems the only solution. In Windows XP I can close the soft without problem...

In Windows XP, if I close and reopen a window with the live stream I have this error message. In Windows 7 is ok...

Tips?

Edit: These problems happen on my reseller pc, on my pc all work fine. Can be an USB hardware issue?

Stefan Geissler
October 15, 2012, 11:30:14
Hello,

I think, "Perifica non connessa" means, that the DFG/USB2pro was not connected or found, therefore the live video could not be started. Maybe a different USB cable can solve the problem. (Its a guess only.)

I would like to know, whether your program uses IC Imaging Control SDK or not.

Goodidea
October 17, 2012, 11:13:33
I think, "Perifica non connessa" means, that the DFG/USB2pro was not connected or found, therefore the live video could not be started. Maybe a different USB cable can solve the problem. (Its a guess only.)

I would like to know, whether your program uses IC Imaging Control SDK or not.

"Perifica non connessa" is "Device not connected", it has happened when the stream video is open, close and reopen.
The code looks very delicate, each Windows version show different errors...
However I have solved. Unfortunately I have not found many examples in the IC SDK 3.2.

If unplug the device in XP, plug again and try to reopen the stream video, the soft hang, the Task Manager can't terminate it, after few minute the s.o. auto reboot. It's very sad. I have solved forced the line:
m_pGrabber.addListener (&MyListener,DShowLib::GrabberListener::eDEVICELOST) ;

Thanks.

Stefan Geissler
October 17, 2012, 11:22:05
Hello,

you wrote "auto reboot". I understand, the computer rebooted from itself. This happens, if a BSOD occurs. In this case, a minidump should have been created in the "Windows\minidump" directory. If this minidump file is available, we have a chance to read it and may find a better solution.

Goodidea
October 17, 2012, 14:01:40
you wrote "auto reboot". I understand, the computer rebooted from itself. This happens, if a BSOD occurs. In this case, a minidump should have been created in the "Windows\minidump" directory. If this minidump file is available, we have a chance to read it and may find a better solution.

Yes, the pc reboot from itself.
I have the dump file but not the original source code, now the code is fixed.

WhoCrashed reports:
==============================
On Sun 14/10/2012 21.07.33 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini101412-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsnx.sys (aswSnx+0x17789)
Bugcheck code: 0xCB (0xFFFFFFFFF6D24675, 0xFFFFFFFFF6D211CF, 0xFFFFFFFFF8E69008, 0xE1)
Error: DRIVER_LEFT_LOCKED_PAGES_IN_PROCESS
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aswsnx.sys
product: avast! Antivirus
company: AVAST Software
description: avast! Virtualization Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a driver or the I/O manager failed to release locked pages after an I/O operation.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsnx.sys (avast! Virtualization Driver, AVAST Software).
==============================

My antivirus crash with the soft locked in memory...

Stefan Geissler
October 17, 2012, 18:50:32
Hello,

we would like to see the minidump on our own. Therefore, you may try to upload it here or you create a support case at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/case/ and you can sent it later by email.