PDA

View Full Version : DMK camera unable to send image

barbeauj
September 28, 2012, 16:54:20
Hi,

I have bought a DMK camera. Yesterday I tested it. Initially everything worked fine with the IC Capture software. I had nice live image and was able to record two videos.

I then tried to adjust gain and exposure.

Then the image went black and the message: "The device DMK21AF04.AS (13026D0ED2) is in live mode, but does not
seem to deliver images. Pleas try to chose a different video format or try reconnecting your device to the computer."

I tried nearly everything, restarting the computer, using a different video program, even changing the USB cable but still nothing...

I ran through the FAQ and archives but found no help.

Does anyone have an idea on this?

Thanks!

Stefan Geissler
September 28, 2012, 17:59:52
Hello,

Does the Windows Device Manager show the camera in the "Imaging Devices" section? If not, the camera is dead. I suppose, you use a desktop computer, not a laptop.

Als changing an USB cable does not help. Its a FireWire camera.

barbeauj
September 28, 2012, 18:11:24
Hello,

Does the Windows Device Manager show the camera in the "Imaging Devices" section? If not, the camera is dead. I suppose, you use a desktop computer, not a laptop
Als changing an USB cable does not help. Its a FireWire camera.

Hello, thanks for this quick reply.

Yes the laptop sees the DMK, as I can click on it in imaging device. When I used the DMK I was outside with only the battery as power supply. The computer lost the signal after, say 15 minutes.

I have noticed however that the power mode on my computer automatically switch to firewire performance manager when I plug the camera and start IC Capture.

The way I understand what I have read so far is that the DMK needs maximal USB power to work properly. Could it be that the power supply to DMK via the USB cable is insuficient? Is there a way to boost the power supply of USB ports?

Is it really dead? Can it be revived?

Jean

Stefan Geissler
October 1, 2012, 11:13:50
I have a small problem now: The camera you have posted is a FireWire camera. Not an USB camera. Therefore, I wonder, what you do with an USB cable on this camera. So please let me know, which camera you really use.

If it is an USB camera, then you may test the camera on a desktop computer. However, the USB camera brake extremely seldom, so, in case you have an USB camera and run on battery power, there was not enough power.