PDA

View Full Version : GP Out control in LabVIEW (8.6)

MarcvD
September 12, 2012, 14:35:39
Hello,

Before we want to set up a c++ program to control our TIS camera (DFx 72BUC02) we want to write an easy LabVIEW program to control the camera. For our device to work we also want to use the GP Out available. The idea is that the labview program initiates the camera, sets the GP Out to high, sets the GP Out to low again and starts to record an avi file for a certain amount of time. However, i can't find out how to control this GP output (set high or set low).

I hope you can help.

Marc van Dijk.

Stefan Geissler
September 13, 2012, 13:04:57
Hello Marc,

Unfortunately I have no LabVIEW sample for using GPout. In case you want to use a C++ later instead of LabVIEW, it is much easier to use C++ than LabVIEW. In case you want to use LabVIEW at all, I am afraid, I must create a sample for you. (I am not a LabVIEW expert, so this will take surely a some hours for me to find the type conversion stuff)

However, you must use the VCD Properties as shown in the Exposure Absolute Values VI. The GPout is set in two steps: First set the value 0 or 1 in the Range interfance, then use the Write - Button interface to write the value. Do I need to do this for you in LabVIEW?

MarcvD
September 17, 2012, 16:30:37
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the reply.

find the type conversion stuff
I think indeed that my problem lies there as well.

However, you must use the VCD Properties as shown in the Exposure Absolute Values VI. The GPout is set in two steps: First set the value 0 or 1 in the Range interfance, then use the Write - Button interface to write the value. Do I need to do this for you in LabVIEW?
I figured out about the VCD properties. I also figured out that the only accepted properties were GPIO output -> range and the GPIO write -> button. The information about the sequence of the settings are at least helpfull. So the last problem would then indeed be to find out the right type conversion.

I will probably try for another limited amount of time. If i don't succeed i will write something for it in c++ and call it from LabVIEW if still necessary. If i get really stuck with that i might still ask for some help, but i don't expect that to happen. So don't bother figuring this out in labview for me.

Thanks for now ;)
Marc