PDA

View Full Version : two DMK 41BF02 on bus, but IC capture only sees one...

dllau
September 12, 2012, 03:48:32
Dear Imaging Source;

I've have two DMK 41BF02 that I purchased several years ago (2009, when I first registered with this forum), and when I first purchased them, I was using the SDK in Windows XP. I'm trying to use those same cameras again, but on an upgraded system using Windows 7. I've connected the cameras to the firewire bus of the PC, and using the device manager, I've confirmed that both cameras are using their associated Imaging Source drivers. Initially, they showed up as generic firewire video cameras using the MS drivers. But I installed your drivers downloaded from the product pages of your website, and during this process, both cameras showed up in the install window. So after confirming the Imaging Source drivers were being associated with both cameras, I ran the IC Capture 2.2 software, but it only shows one camera being available at a time. Using the refresh button, I've confirmed that IC Capture only lists the camera with the lower serial number, that is the one ending in 'd' instead of 'e'. Furthermore, my own software, using tisgrabber.dll, only sees the lower serial numbered camera. I confirmed this by unplugging the lower serial numbered camera, hitting refresh, and repeating this several times. Each time, the serial number listed on screen changed with the refresh button. Is there a way I can fix this?

Sincerely,
Dan

Stefan Geissler
September 12, 2012, 08:11:18
Hello Dan,

This is a hard to catch problem. I suggest in the first step exchange of the IEEE 1394 Hostcontroller driver: http://www.theimagingsourceforums.com/faq.php?faq=ic_camerahandling#faq_ic_win7stackdriv er

dllau
September 12, 2012, 14:07:54
I'm afraid that didn't solve my problem. Here are some additional details that might help. The legacy drivers are: 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy). The firewire card that I'm using is a Sonnet Allegro FW400 PCIe card with the three ports. The other driver options are the non-legacy driver of the above as well as an LSI1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller.

Stefan Geissler
September 13, 2012, 11:47:59
Please remove both cameras from the Windows Device Manager. Connect the first camera and install the driver, disconnect it. Connect the second one, install the driver and then connect the first one. Then try IC Capture again. It is very rare, that Windows resp. DirectShow can not distinguish between two cameras.

dllau
October 3, 2012, 20:44:10
Sorry I fell off the earth, but I just followed your instructions but to no avail. Its still only seeing the one camera. Any other suggestions?

- Dan

Stefan Geissler
October 15, 2012, 10:24:24
Hi Dan,

I would like to summarize:
1.) There was no problem in Windows XP
2.) Both cameras work fine on your Windows 7, if they are connected alone.
3.) You use latest driver (http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/)

What language does your Windows 7 use? (English, Chinese, Japanese....)

What are the serial numbers of the cameras?

Thank you in advance!

dllau
October 17, 2012, 22:02:02
Your summary is correct. I did not have a problem in XP. The cameras work when only one is available in Windows 7. And I downloaded the latest driver from the Imaging Source website using the firewire driver. I am using "English" as my operating system language. And the serial numbers for the cameras are DMx 41BF02 120067C2D8 and 120067C2DE.

Stefan Geissler
October 18, 2012, 07:37:42
Hi,

the cameras a four years old and therefore use an old firmware. We can try a firmware update, but this has a low risk making the camera unusable. Also it is not guaranteed, that this will fix the problem, because Windows can not distinguish between the devices. If you want to try a firmware update, please create a request at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/