PDA

View Full Version : Trigger DMK 21BF04 into free running?!

michielm
August 15, 2012, 11:52:49
Hi,
I would like to simultaneously start two 21BF04 cameras and a stepper motor. For this I would like to use the software of the stepper motor and the trigger-out of the stepper motor.

The stepper motor sends a single trigger pulse at the moment that it starts to move and I would like the cameras to start running in free run mode as a consequence of this trigger pulse. Is this possible?

From the manual it is not completely clear to me whether I need to pulse continuously to trigger the cameras to take pictures or whether I can trigger the cameras once and let them run 'on their own' from then on

Thanks in advance

Stefan Geissler
August 15, 2012, 11:57:27
Hi

The stepper motor sends a single trigger pulse at the moment that it starts to move and I would like the cameras to start running in free run mode as a consequence of this trigger pulse. Is this possible?

No, it is not possible. The trigger is intended for single image exposure. Not for live video start. You may use continuous trigger pulses to receive many images. Each trigger pulse results in exactly one image.

michielm
August 16, 2012, 12:53:35
Ok, good to know. Thanks.

Then I'll have to come up with something in-between that starts giving pulses after receiving a single pulse