PDA

View Full Version : Video resolutions and offsets

BennettG
August 8, 2012, 23:26:03
Forgive me if this is documented somewhere. I haven't found it. If so a link would be great.

Background: We'd like to be able to specify an active video area that is roughly square H ~= V and close to the active height of the sensor V ~ 1900 in order to match our active optical image.

What resolutions and offsets will the DMK 72AUC02 camera run at? Experimentally, the camera/driver appear to be able to run at resolutions of HxV where H is divisible by 8 and V is divisible by 4, for example with a video format = "RGB24 1920x1920". The video offsets appear to be X,Y where X&Y are divisible by 4.

Thanks
Bennett

Stefan Geissler
August 9, 2012, 10:00:58
Forgive me if this is documented somewhere. I haven't found it. If so a link would be great.
Forgiven. This is a tricky point.

The minimum resolution of the camera is 96x96, the maximum is 2552x1944. You can set all video formats in between. The stepping is
8 for columns
4 for rows

as you wrote.

The offsets have no limitations. For settings the offsets, the "Autocenter" property must be disabled.

Since you already have been able to test this, I wonder, what your question is.

BennettG
August 9, 2012, 16:34:58
Forgiven. This is a tricky point.

The minimum resolution of the camera is 96x96, the maximum is 2552x1944. You can set all video formats in between. The stepping is
8 for columns
4 for rows

as you wrote.

The offsets have no limitations. For settings the offsets, the "Autocenter" property must be disabled.

Since you already have been able to test this, I wonder, what your question is.

Thank you, Stephan. I was looking for confirmation, being hesitant to make our product plans on my getting it to run at a couple resolutions and inferring the stepping. Thanks. Bennett