PDA

View Full Version : New camera

EmanuelC
August 3, 2012, 15:23:31
Hello guys, hows going?
My name is Emanuel, im Portuguese, and ive just purchased a new scope, a Williams Optics FLT 132 mm, that i use on a Celestron Cgem mount. I use to do planetary photo with a Phillips SPC900NC modified webcam on a Intes MK66 Deluxe maksutov on a Vixen Sphinx mount, that i sold to buy my actual scope. Im still using the SPC for planetary photo, but, im getting the idea of using a low quality camera on a superb scope, that im sure that can do a lot better, you get the idea, right?
Well, anyway, im very interested on a new IS camera, the problem is to choose one, due to the extense list of options on the different versions. So, wich one to choose to this apochromatic telescope?
Best regards,
Emanuel

fast Freddie
August 4, 2012, 23:08:35
The DFK21 if you want colour, the DMK21 if you want to use a filter wheel to get colour.

EmanuelC
August 5, 2012, 16:51:51
The DFK21 if you want colour, the DMK21 if you want to use a filter wheel to get colour.

Hey Freddie, hows going?
Thanks for replaying. I think that i prefer a color one, it give you less work :), but , the F series will work on a laptop? They are firewire, so they work with higher power and they required another connection, right? The B series are usb connected. Is there a big difference between them?
:)

cetrus
August 11, 2012, 09:01:46
Hey Freddie, hows going?
..., but , the F series will work on a laptop? They are firewire, so they work with higher power and they required another connection, right? The B series are usb connected. ...
:)

Hello Emanuel,
the ...AF... cameras are firewire and the ...AU... cameras are usb connected. Look in the middle of the camera-code.
Cheerio, Cetrus

EmanuelC
August 11, 2012, 23:09:40
Hello Emanuel,
the ...AF... cameras are firewire and the ...AU... cameras are usb connected. Look in the middle of the camera-code.
Cheerio, Cetrus

Hey Cetrus, hows going?
Thanks for the help, i will buy one of the usb series.
Cheers :)