PDA

View Full Version : long time exposure

cetrus
July 28, 2012, 11:36:01
Hello all,
I have some problems in setting a exposure time longer than 30 seconds.
I am using
* DMK 31AU03.AS
* IC Capture 2.2.342.1337
* driver: usbcam_2.3.16_whql
* Windows XP-SP3
In the Mainwindow-Toolbar Exposure Time is allwayes greyed out - no manual entry possible.
In the Properties-Window it is possible to enter a manual value but if the cursor is moved to
another field or you press UPDATE or OK, the Exposure-value jumps back to 30.000 sec.

Is ther another way to set exposure time to lets say 20 Minutes that I don't know?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Cetrus

Stefan Geissler
July 30, 2012, 13:25:38
Hi Cetrus,

First of all, it is intended, that the display of the exposure time can not be edited in the main window's toolbar. This is possible only in the dialog, as you recognized.

I tried to reproduce your issue without success. I was able to enter a "1800" in the exposure time edit field and it stays there, when the cursor left the edit field or the "Update" and "OK" button has been clicked.

Therefore you may let me know the camera's serial number, so I can check for its firmware version.

cetrus
July 30, 2012, 20:47:13
Thanks for your fast reply, Stefan.

I supposed the Camera is not correctly recognized by IC Capture (or the driver) maybe not as an .AS Version
because in the "Select Device"- window the Camera ist listed as DMx 31AU03.AS (48700012) instead of DMK ... .
And yes, the Serial# is 48700012 as shown above, I think, one of the 1st edition?

Kind regards
Cetrus

Stefan Geissler
July 31, 2012, 09:11:45
Hi Cetrus,

The camera was build as astronomy camera in November 2007. I wonder why the problem shows up nearly five years after this.

However, the name of the camera is correct, the little "x" is part of naming convention.

For some unknown reason the firmware in your camera has a maximum exposure time of 30 seconds only. We can try a firmware update, but this always keeps the risk the camera not working anymore. If you want to try this, please sent a request to http://www.imagingcontrol.com/support/case/

cetrus
July 31, 2012, 16:30:49
Hi Stefan,

the problem is surely not a new one, but until this time nobody at the observatory used her for
long time exposures, only to track the moon or the sun in live-mode, but I will do it now.
Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try.

Best regards, Cetrus

Stefan Geissler
July 31, 2012, 17:36:51
Aha. Well then... firmware is on its way to you.

cetrus
August 1, 2012, 14:16:50
Dear Stefan,

thank's a lot for your support. Camera has now updated firmware and all works like it should.

Is it possible to mark this thread as solved?

Very best regards
Cetrus

Stefan Geissler
August 1, 2012, 14:54:37
Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I do not know, how to mark threads. I am not as deep in administrate this forums software, as I would like to do. But I will have a look.