PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8

EHi
July 27, 2012, 12:48:13
Hi,

Are the ImagingSource cameras and software fully compatible with coming Windows 8? If not, when we can expect to get driver/software versions to run in W8?

Thanks,
EHi

Stefan Geissler
July 27, 2012, 14:19:41
Hi

Unfortunately my crystal ball is at repair :-)

Seriously, we did some tests with Windows 8 beta. It worked fine, as far as we could see. About the coming release is nothing known.

EHi
November 20, 2012, 13:47:45
Hi,

Are you working to make the .NET packages Windows Store compliant?

Regards,
EHi

Stefan Geissler
November 20, 2012, 14:01:11
Hi

No. You can download the software for free at http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/

EHi
November 20, 2012, 15:42:07
No. You can download the software for free at http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/support/downloads/

Hi,

I don't get what you mean with your 'No':
- No, not needed because the work is already done
- No, we are not interested in supporting Windows Store applications

I have installed the files and making tests with Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8 (C# and VB).

I'm not able to make reference to ICImagingControl32.dll:
* reference to version 3.2.4.1336 gives the error message "A reference to ... could not be added. The project targets to .NETCore while the file reference targets to .NETFramework. This is not the supported scenario."
* version 3.2.2.1336 gives the Build error "Cannot find type System.Collections.CollectionBase in module mscorlib.dll"

Google finds an answer to a similar problem, Microsoft's Mats Small: "The libraries you are using need the full .NET framework and are not Metro-compliant. You won't be able to use those libraries. You should contact the vendors to see if they are coming out with Metro-style application libraries."

Regards,
EHi

Stefan Geissler
November 20, 2012, 17:07:45
Sorry

No means, we do not publish the IC Imaging Control SDK in the Windows Store.

Your error message is interesting. You may must set the target framework in the solution to .NET 4 or .NET 2

Metro style applications can not be built at all.

We have to try on our own.

Stefan Geissler
November 21, 2012, 07:54:17
Hi

First of all, I guess, I did not understand your question, so I would like to apologize.

Are you working to make the .NET packages Windows Store compliant?
The answer is "no". IC Imaging Control was created for industrial use, therefore I am not sure, whether the Windows Store would be the correct platform for this.

Have you been able to compile a .NET application in Windows 8 with VS 2012 express?