PDA

View Full Version : Publish settings for VS2010 Express

dwsubc
July 23, 2012, 12:40:49
Hi,

Has anyone managed to publish an IC v3.2.4.1336 application under .NET 4 using VS2010 Express? If so, could you please share your settings here.

I have a nice app ready to go but I had to park it a year ago because I couldn't get the publish to work. This time I am determined to make it work.

many thanks
Dave

Stefan Geissler
July 23, 2012, 17:55:53
Hi,

Please look into the chapter "Distributing your application" in the .NET Users guide" of IC Imaging Control. Unfortunately it is VS 2008 professional, not for VS 2010 express.

http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/documentation/dotnet/tech_Distribute_publish.htm

However, some directories and therefore the DLL versions of the DLLs to be added differs. Simply use the DLLs from c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\IC Imaging Control 3.2\bin\v4.0.30319\x86\

Did you encountered any other problems?

dwsubc
July 23, 2012, 23:16:19
Thanks Stefan,

I have found 2 problems so far:

When I add the 2 dlls and set their build action to Content, my main form is displayed as a small blank form with no menu or any other controls when I run the debugger. Setting the build action to Embedded resource seems to solve that problem.

Next, I can't see the C++ runtime libraries in the list of Prerequisites. I have downloaded and installed vcredist_x86.exe from MS but it still don't show.

Here are the errors I get when I try to publish. The project builds and runs fine on my development PC.

Error 1 Cannot publish because a project failed to build. 1 1 DavesSolarRecorder
Error 2 An error occurred generating a bootstrapper: Unable to begin updating resource for bin\Release\app.publish\setup.exe with error 80070002 DavesSolarRecorder

Dave

Stefan Geissler
July 24, 2012, 08:56:07
Hi,

The C++ runtime libraries depend on the 32 or 64 bit version of IC.

But the other error is more problematic, because it is well known in MSDN forums and even Microsoft was not able to fix it. You may try running Visual Studio as administrator and see, whether the problem is solved.

I must also admit, I am not an expert in using the Visual Studio Publisher. I prefer the free too Inno Setup http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php/ . It is much easier to use and you know in every step, what you are doing.

dwsubc
July 24, 2012, 14:12:05
Thanks Stefan,

I have used Inno before so I will use that as a temporary measure.

I do like VS publish though. I can update my other packages no problem with a single click within VS. These contains several 3rd party dlls which cause no problems for VS. The only dll that gives me problems is the TIS IC which is a shame because it is much more powerful than the DirectShow alternative.

Anyhoos, I am determined to make this work for me - eventually.

Thanks again
Dave

dwsubc
July 26, 2012, 14:20:41
Hi Stefan,

Is this the correct C++ runtime to use for IC v3.2.4.1336 for a x86 application?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Also, is the C++ runtime a prerequisite for IC Capture? My thinking is that most users will have IC Capture already installed so the C++ may already be on their PCs.

thanks Dave

Stefan Geissler
July 26, 2012, 16:17:09
Hi Dave,

The link looks fine for me. We go a more simple way by adding following DLLs:
- mfc100.dll
- mfc100u.dll
- msvcp100.dll
- msvcr100.dll

They may already reside in your \Windows\System32 directory. I am not sure, whether either mfc100.dll or mfc100u.dll is needed, therefore I simply add both. The difference is the used char type. the "u" variant uses Unicode chars.