PDA

View Full Version : Hot pixel on my new 21au618.as

Eminem2Pac
July 17, 2012, 20:39:38
Hi to all, today i connected my imaging source to pc and when i turned on IcCapture i saw an hot pixel on the field of camera.
There was the cover sensor on the camera so the dark image has shown this hot pixel.
I got three differents shots at differents exposure time to catch how this hot pixel work, and this is the result...
If i put low exposure time the hot pixel try to go out, but if i increase it it cames out more brighter than before, help me please tell me what i can do.150315041505

Stefan Geissler
July 18, 2012, 07:53:59
Hello

Unfortunately pixels become hyper active, if the gain is set to max and the exposure time is above 1/4 second. I recommend to use less gain, this also reduces the noise.

Eminem2Pac
July 18, 2012, 09:05:04
Hello

Unfortunately pixels become hyper active, if the gain is set to max and the exposure time is above 1/4 second. I recommend to use less gain, this also reduces the noise.

Thank you thousand for the answer Stefan, i would like to ask you if this is a fault of my new camera, cause the pixel became hot after a few seconds when i plugged the USB connector, what is the reason about this hot pixel if it is a real hotpixel? Do you think it's? Because i read other posts in the imaging source forum in which i read about hotpixel doesn't depend on gain and shutter. Please give me a right explanation!
best regards

Stefan Geissler
July 18, 2012, 09:57:48
Hi

It is problem of naming. We have dead or hot pixels. They usually do not change their state, when gain or exposure changes. Also we have hyper active pixels, that change state depending on gain and exposure, that means, they do not react in the same way as the other pixels.

If you are not satisfied, or the problem makes the camera unusable for your purposes, then it should be exchanged. For doing so, you must go in contact with your astronomy camera dealer.