PDA

View Full Version : trouble with device.xml file

navstar
July 11, 2012, 04:44:27
I am trying to run some of the sample code (vb2010 version) but when it tries to run the following line of code in the form_load event handler: IcImagingControl1.LoadDeviceStateFromFile("device.xml", True)
it fails due to the fact that it does not find the "device.xml" file. I searched throughout all the sample code and for that matter all of my file system and could not find such file. Either this file should have been part of the sample code or this file needs to be generated. Where can I obtain this file or how could I generate it?

Thanks,

Sergio Valdez

Stefan Geissler
July 11, 2012, 09:04:52
Hi

The file is created by "SaveDeviceStateToFile()", if you have a valid device opened. Please refer to the documentation installed on your computer (start button, all programs, ic imaging control 3.2, ".NET Users Guide") or look at
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/documentation/dotnet/meth_descICImagingControl_LoadDeviceStateFromFile. htm
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/en_US/support/documentation/dotnet/meth_descICImagingControl_SaveDeviceStateToFile.ht m

navstar
July 20, 2012, 03:26:58
Stefan,

I am still having issues with this. I keep getting "Error writing file" error. I've tried different filenames and paths. I made sure there is no access limitations. After reading the help file, I saw the following: "Limitations: A valid device must be opened." I am trying use this control to use my integrated webcam. Your sample app works fine, but I cannot get any of your sample source code to work. My question is now how can I know if my device is valid and how do I open it? If I can make this happen, perhaps the error will go away.

Sergio

Stefan Geissler
July 20, 2012, 09:13:08
Hi Sergio,

IC Imaging Control comes for free for use with The Imaging Source devices only. Other cameras, like your webcam will not handled. We encountered too much problems with third party drivers and spent too much time working around them. Therefore, the third party camera support ended.

Stefan Geissler
July 20, 2012, 09:13:47
Hi Sergio,

IC Imaging Control comes for free for use with The Imaging Source devices only. Other cameras, like your webcam will not handled. We encountered too much problems with third party drivers and spent too much time working around them. Therefore, the third party camera support ended.