PDA

View Full Version : About the possibilities of the DFK 72BUC02

chriss214
July 3, 2012, 09:56:36
Hello,

First of all, sorry for my english, however I will do my best.
I'm french student, and I work on a telecine project during my free time.

There are some days that I read some topics about the possibilities of the ImagingSource cameras.

Before buy a camera, I would like to be sure of my approach. Tell me if I do mistakes. Maybe have you advices.

*The choice of the model : DFK 72BUC02 (CMOS USB Color)
1 - Resolution up to 2592x1944, settable in the software.
So we can make the same image of the same object at several resolutions with the same optic just using software settings and adjusting the distance to the object and the focus.

2 - This means that in some cases, all the surface of the sensor is not used .

3 - In some other case, several physical pixels on the sensor are used to do one pixel of the image. The sensivity is better.

4 - The White Balance, the exposure time, the contrast etc. are settable by included software

*Functioning
5 - We can trigger the shooting up to 6fps (max resolution) in color (RGB32) and in B/W (Y800).

6 - We can save the images in an .avi at 15fps, but we can't save these images as .bmp at the same frequency on the disk.

7 - When the format Y800 is selected, the images saved as .bmp can be demosaiced with the majority of raw converter software (like DxO Optics Pro)

Thanks,
Guillaume

Stefan Geissler
July 3, 2012, 10:07:44
Hi

1 - Resolution up to 2592x1944, settable in the software.
So we can make the same image of the same object at several resolutions with the same optic just using software settings and adjusting the distance to the object and the focus.
Yes

2 - This means that in some cases, all the surface of the sensor is not used .
Smallest ROI is 96x96 pixel.

3 - In some other case, several physical pixels on the sensor are used to do one pixel of the image. The sensivity is better.
This is called "binning".

4 - The White Balance, the exposure time, the contrast etc. are settable by included software
Yes. We provide Windows software only.

5 - We can trigger the shooting up to 6fps (max resolution) in color (RGB32) and in B/W (Y800).
Yes. Take care of the exposure time.

6 - We can save the images in an .avi at 15fps, but we can't save these images as .bmp at the same frequency on the disk.
This depends on the speed of your hard disk. Usually 10 fps can be reached for single images. However, you can save uncompressed Y800 in the AVI file, then you can save at 15 fps lossless. The images in the AVI file can be demosaiced later.

7 - When the format Y800 is selected, the images saved as .bmp can be demosaiced with the majority of raw converter software (like DxO Optics Pro)
I do not know, because I do not know this software. However, it is simply a 8bit grayscale image containing raw data from the sensor.

chriss214
July 3, 2012, 11:03:48
Thank you for your quick and clear response.

Best regards,
Guillaume